AT&T not having gold tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmarziano, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Jmarziano macrumors member

Called a few corporate Att stores in my area (Philly) and they all told me no gold, just grey. They said best bet would be to go directly to apple. Just a heads up for everyone.

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yup manager told me no gold too in philly.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

4. mookgiants macrumors member

Every att store in my area said the same thing, no gold. I'm located in North East PA

5. manhattanmania macrumors regular

just posted this in another thread. have a friend that manages a corporate ATT store. no gold or white, apparently nationwide. space gray only for ATT.

6. Spacial macrumors 6502

Rolling out the Gold rumor what the equivalent of the White rumor of years ago. It did wonders to grab headlines and make the devotees drool. There's no doubt at some point gold will appear. The question is how long will Apple make people wait.

7. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Yay! :D

I love this.

Means I don't have to worry about people in line earlier than me taking the black ones and leaving me with a silver, or worse yet, gold. Now the only option is the one I want :)

8. Spacial macrumors 6502

It's not just AT&T, it's every carrier that will get heavy inventories of Space Gray. It's Apple's way of replacing black due to it's propensity to scratch. Later on they will release the other colors in the 5S lineup.

9. GallagherJ macrumors newbie

By any chance will we be able to pre-order the gold from AT&T at 12:01?? Will the shipping date for the gold be the same as the other colors??

10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

No one knows. I'm hoping that'll be the case (though I'll order from either AT&T or Apple, whoever I can get through to first), but no one knows for sure.

11. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Not AT&T, but I was at Sprint today in San Diego and they said the same thing...no silvers or golds. They said they're getting another shipment tomorrow morning before opening, but it doesn't look hopeful.

12. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

No what that means is all the clueless people in front of you that don't read the forums are going to force pick the grey.

13. Qoo macrumors 6502

i believe not just ATT don't have gold color tomorrow, it seems all other carrier saying the same thing, only space grey available for the release date

14. user-name-here macrumors 65816

But at least if the store I'm at has 15 iPhones and I'm #15 in line I know for sure I'll get a black version I want.

If they split up the 15 into silver and gold then I would have to worry about 14 other people in front of me.

15. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

My AT&T store said they will have all colors in stock.