AT&T now allowing Personal Hotspot on non-MobileShare plans?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by citivolus, Sep 28, 2012.

1. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I am not on a MobileShare plan. I have the $50/month 5GB data plan without a commitment. Previously I could not use the Personal Hotspot functionality so I installed TetherMe. But maybe now AT&T is allowing it?

Last month's bill described my plan as:
    "DataConnect 5GB on LTE for iPad - Includes 5 gigabytes of domestic data for use on LTE with iPad. $10.00 for each additional 1 gigabyte of data. Unlimited domestic data on the AT&T Wi-Fi Basic Network."

This month's bill describes my plan as:
    "DataConnect 5GB on 4G LTE for iPad - Includes 5 gigabytes of domestic data for use on 4G LTE with iPad. $10.00 for each additional 1 gigabyte of data. Mobile Hotspot and Tethering. Unlimited domestic data on the AT&T Wi-Fi Basic Network."

As I said I can't check this due to jb, tetherme. Has anyone else with this plan noticed Personal Hotspot is now enabled?

2. nitemare macrumors regular

u need the 5GB $50 plan for the mobile hotspot on the iPad

3. citivolus thread starter macrumors 6502a

As I stated, that's what I have. However, previously the hotspot option was disabled.

4. nitemare macrumors regular

its new AT&T quietly enabled it and never announced it

5. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

I cannot understand for the life of me why AT&T couldn't have included the hotspot in the $50/5GB plan when the iPad was launched in March. So much unnecessary negative publicity...

6. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

I agree. Take a punch in the face when easily could have been avoided.

7. citivolus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I tried to see if this works. I uninstalled tetherme and restarted springboard. The personal hotspot feature disappeared. I called AT&T and they said the personal hotspot feature is not available yet for iPad. I pointed out the description on my bill and they told me it was a misprint. What a load of crap.

8. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

Interesting, my iPad 3 under AT&T is also saying you can upgrade to 5GB with mobile hotspot for $50. Maybe it's coming.... :)