AT&T offering 10 dollars gift card for people who sign up for paperless billing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Oct 28, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

What title says..
    I thought this would be helpful to those of you who just want to make 10 dollars by signing up for paperless billing. I don't know about those of you who are already enrolled. Honestly, I think every companies should offer discount every months for customers who pay their bills thru their card or checking account. In worst case, you can always get the gift card and cancel the service.

2. iConnor macrumors member

If its $10 every month okay but I'm not going to sign up so they can save money. I'm already paying an arm and a leg for my iPhone

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

There should be a discount every month. Now I have to cancel paperless billing and sign up again to get my $10. I signed up too early. :mad:

4. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Will canceling paperless billing and resigning up work?

5. JajoPGH macrumors regular

This reminds me of recycling.

Corporations make you think you are helping the environment by recycling (which you are), but I am guessing they save a ton of money by using recycled paper or plastic to package their goods. And of course, that's their main concern.

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

who cares, it is a win,win,win situation. anyway is this every month? also can i just put it back on the next month?

7. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Exactly. I'm happy it's saving them money to do the environmental thing (if it encourages them to be environmental, hey, win on both sides!). Personally, I hate paper billing anyways, so much paper to keep track of (I'd rather save a copy to my computer's hard drive).

8. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

How about travel points for paying your bill on time paperlessly, and extra points for paying early? ;)

9. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Now this I am all for since it's what I do by default anyway

10. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

I signed up for paperless when I applied my company discount... Oh well. I can sign up for auto pay and get the $10 but I don't like that idea since my paydays are always different each month.

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

:rolleyes:

Of all the reasons to cut down more trees, "I want to screw AT&T" has to rank pretty low.

12. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I'm confused. Does this mean I can't go to AT&T machines and pay cash ? Or this just means I won't get my bill deliver into my mail box ? And will have to just check online.

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This

14. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Paperless billing means you will get an email when it's due. You can pay online or anywhere else. Autopay will let AT&T withdraw money from your account when it's due.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

Let me break down how faulty your logic and attitude is.

You are turning away getting $10.
    You are turning away getting $10 from a company which you are giving money to.
    So you will continue to pay the current rate and not get ANY credit by doing this. So you're in essence - giving ATT $10 instead of taking it from them.
    Your refusal to take their offer continues to force them to have expenses involved with printing and mailing you your statement which will continue to keep their overhead the same causing their rates to continue if not rise in the future to keep up with the cost of papered billing.

You're brilliant.

16. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

17. samcraig macrumors P6

I got $40 if I pay with a Visa. Unfortunately - my debit card just switched to MC

18. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

That's interesting my email also says $40, but guess what? They want Mastercard, which I was already using anyway.:)

19. samcraig macrumors P6

Whoops - had that backwards - you are correct. They wanted mastercard and my bank (chase) just switched to visa

20. bizzle macrumors 6502a

I checked and I did not receive any email about this and I logged in and I can't find anything about it.

But it doesn't matter because I wouldn't take the offer anyway. I prefer paper bills and I find it quite irritating that almost every time I login to any service I pay for I am prompted to sign up for paperless billing.

21. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

ugh I just switched to paperless not too long ago because I was sick of old statements piling up.

22. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

anyone know where I can go to take off paperless billing to see if resigning up will work?