AT&T or Verizon in New York City? Please advise.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seasurfer, Mar 7, 2012.

1. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

I never used LTE before. I live in New York City, can anyone please advise me which one should I get? AT&T or Verizon? I occasionally travel around the country and oversea.

2. o2sys macrumors member

They "say" At&t is faster but Verizon is more reliable.

I had At&t whats the point of being "fast" is its not getting you anywhere :)

Switched to Verizon and get more things done at more places with the better reception.

3. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

yeah NYC is no exception, VZ LTE is more stable and available while ATT will have better peak speeds. speaking mostly for manhattan, but if someone differs it will be hard for me to argue as ATT LTE is very new in the city(last 2 months i believe)

And to note VZ LTE did have a few outages here but mostly fixed within the day.

4. jsf721 macrumors 6502

5. Enrico macrumors 6502

Enrico

I switched to Verizon for the iPhone in NY because midtown and downtown were off-limits in peak hours with AT&T. Glad I did since AT&T started throttling the unlimited!

For the new iPad, I'm going to try the AT&T LTE, and if not happy with speed or coverage I'm going to exchange it for the VZW (but I will consider At&t $15 vs minimum Vzw $30 data plans)

6. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Verizon in NYC has the best overall reception and service throughout the city.

7. whawhat macrumors 6502

Apparently AT&T is not true 4G LTE: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/07/att-4g/

So if speed is a factor, get Verizon. However, AT&T offer a cheaper data plan ($15 for 250MB) where Verizon plans start at $30.

I got AT&T by default (iPhone plan)

8. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

Verizon is only slower because no one is using At&t LTE. Come on use some common sence.