AT&T or Verizon in South Florida?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eNcrypTioN, Nov 13, 2012.

1. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

I've had it with Sprint here in Ft.Lauderdale! The 3G speeds are slower than a 56k modem and my wife's iPhone 5 never has LTE anywhere in our immediate area.

I've been with Sprint since the late 90's and I'm not willing to put up with these horrible speeds. What's the point of unlimited data if you can't ever use any?!?!

So who has the better LTE coverage in Ft. Lauderdale?

2. fins831 macrumors 6502a

I have AT&T and my lte coverage in ft lauderdale has been great. I average 7-20 in plantation/sunrise and the only area I've seen slowdowns is near sawgrass mills. Miami is blazing fast and so is pompano to delray. I've seen speeds of 20-70 in Miami and 30+ in delray.

In regular ole ft lauderdale expect 7-15 down. Anything higher can happen but I don't expect it. My 4s was averaging .7 down so I'm seeing a huge increase.

3. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

AT&T and T-Mobile are the better wireless carriers in Florida, especially South Florida. Verizon is decent down here. I know most of South Florida is covered by AT&T LTE already.

4. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

I live in Pompano and LTE with AT$T is an abysmal 3-4MB/s on a good day. I work in Davie and I'm hitting 10-20. I can also confirm Miami is a steady 20+.

5. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I don't know about Ft. Lauderdale but my sister had to get rid of Verizon in West Palm because it just flat out wouldn't work. She switched to Sprint because they have the best coverage there. Of course now when she comes home to NC her phone is virtually unusable but it works for her down there.