AT&T out of service, reset fixed it? iOS or AT&T?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by KoolAid-Drink, Oct 26, 2015.

1. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Weird situation happened to me. My iPhone 6s, running 9.1, suddenly stopped being in service. AT&T on the upper left changed to "No Service", and toggling Airplane Mode just caused it to say "searching." I had to force a restart (home button + power button) to make it work again. Very odd. My roommate, also on AT&T, didn't have any issues. :eek:

AT&T bug or iOS bug?

2. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Tough call. I would be inclined to say it's an iphone issue before a service issue. I recall this happening to me on my 4S with AT&T when the 4S first launched. After a couple of replacement sims I went to apple and they replaced the phone and it started all over again. Turned out to be a software issue and was resolved soon enough.

3. mazdamiata210 macrumors 6502

It's a 9.1 issue. My 6S+ did it to me twice and I restored back to 9.0.2

4. KoolAid-Drink thread starter macrumors 65816

Annoying. I'm surprised this isn't being reported more. Do you think many others are also experiencing this issue?

5. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

With the way small, in scale not legitimacy, problems blow up around here, I would have to say it's not very common.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

We'd likely hear more about it if many others were experiencing the same thing.

That said, there was a day when my phone showed no signal for some time while I actually had a signal and was able to use the phone just fine. Rebooting the phone got it to display the signal correctly once again.