AT&T out of stock of iPhone 4.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WeegieMac, Jun 3, 2011.

1. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

According to Cult of Mac, AT&T have sold out of the black iPhone 4 and only offer refurbished models on their website. The white model is unaffected.

I know people have said the new iPhone is coming in September, but this would be one strange coincidence with WWDC around the corner.

2. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

If you try to buy the "white" iphone on the page, you will eventually have the option to purchase a black or white one

link to the att iphone page: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/packages/iphone-packages.jsp

3. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Not to mention the fact that they are still selling the iPhone 3GS. :cool:

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

AT&T no longer pushed Apple products like they used to. When they lost their exclusivity the move the iPhone down on the priority. There was no stock at any AT&T store for a long time and they were quick to tell you to go to the Apple store to get one.

The love affair is over!

5. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

it was bound to happen

6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Really what do you base this on???

I am near an AT&T store and everytime I go in to check out all their phones at least once a week, all I see anyone doing is buying an iPhone 4 in Black or White?

I talk to the ppl at the counter and although they do have some nice looking Android phones, the majority of the peeps are buying iPhone's. The guy even said older folks are switching to the iPhone but they are buying the 3GS bc of the pricing point $49 bucks is a good price for a good reliable phone.

7. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

and the 3GS is a good reliable phone. I still have mine and wish I could still use it also. Just every time I pick it up I put it back down because the jealous IP4 is calling to me!

8. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

9. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

what is a macenstein? I ordered from ATT or Apple.

10. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Just another Mac/Apple based website.

11. Itxdjx macrumors member

I really hope they announce an new iPhone it would make my june 6th :rolleyes:

12. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

He didn't say peaple aren't still buying iPhones, he said AT&T wasn't pushing people to the iPhones like they used to.:rolleyes:

13. LegendKillerUK macrumors 6502

Quit whining, my 3G is the one on life support.:p

14. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

It's still their top selling phone by far. It's also probably their most lucrative based on plans sold. I don't really think they'd push that cashcow down their list of priorities because their egos are bruised. If anything, they probably have invested even more in marketing now that there is competition.

15. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.13548/24.871; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I would love to see them drop the 3GS to free with contract, then the iP4 to either $99 or $49 (the former being more likely). :)

16. edk99 macrumors 6502a

You go to an ATT store once a week to check out phones? Seriously!:rolleyes:

17. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

I disagree. You don't focus your marketing on a single PRODUCT that is the exact same product that your competitor sells... you market your brand or service instead.

Everyone knows that AT&T has the iPhone. AT&T will be more interested in marketing their services and exclusive features that no one else can offer.

Is AT&T glad to sell you a $90/month iphone? Yes. are they any more excited about selling an iphone over a $90/month Atrix or Desire? Probably not.

18. EddyP, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011

EddyP macrumors 6502

I click on the iPhone4 and I can choose white or black.

What's the issue?

Just some site trying to make "news".

19. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

iPhone is still popular no doubt...I was in class today and literally 75% of my class of 30 students had iPhone's...