AT&T Point of Sale System is Down - Stores can not sell ANYTHING

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elgrecomac, Jul 28, 2008.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Just got back from an ATT store in San Diego. The OPUS system has been down (off and on) for 2 days. OPUS is their point of sales system NATION-WIDE. What this means to iphone people is the following:

1. ATT can not place an order for an iphone without OPUS up and running.

2. If you ordered an iphone and it was delivered today (like me), they could not release the phone. 'Come back tomorrow'.

3. If you want to buy ANYTHING at an ATT store, you can not until OPUS is working.

The poor sales reps were pissed off because they make a lot of their money via commission but, with OPUS down, nothing to do but deal with pissed of customers.

2. Frank8898 macrumors newbie

It just went down at 1 today in NorCal and apparently went on and off for an hour and then it completely went down according to the sales rep.

3. boogiemendoza macrumors newbie

Yeah, the internet or whatever was down at my AT&T store when I visited earlier today.

4. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Is this happening nation wide, in all states?

5. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

awesome, and my iPhone is suppose to get here tomorrow by 3pm... lets hope they fix this little issue or I'm going to throw a fit.

6. galactic732 macrumors member

i got mine today.

just handed me my phone still in the DF box

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

8. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

They should do what Starbucks does when their system goes down, have you slide your gift card regardless if you have any balance on it...haha.

Guys, DF is simply picking up the phone. All your eligibility and payment has already been verified when you put in the DF...only thing you may have gotten away is having a non-activated phone in a sealed box.

9. galactic732 macrumors member

yes but i dont believe ive signed a contract for that line yet.

10. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

When you signed up for DF, you already signed a contract...

11. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Not always. If you are porting your number, the system needs to be up for them to do it. I couldn't leave the store without them completing that process, or else my phone would have been useless to me.

Good luck, guys. I hope it's back 100% soon.

12. Druppy macrumors newbie

Nope. I have two phones on DF order and I have no ATT contract yet.

13. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

If you signed the CC authorization pad, you signed a 2-year contract. You'll sign nothing else, just choose your plan.

14. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Not knowing what you're signing on the little computer screen and not having a contract are two different things.

So you're saying that ANYONE can just walk into AT&T store and pay $299 and get a phone. Great! Why didn't you tell us earlier?!

15. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

They should be back up now. I experienced this problem just as I was picking up the iPhones on my family talk plan. They called me back and all went well.

Thing is though. They didnt remove my old sim cards from the old iPhones. Had to use the new ones.

[edit]

3G is down in the northwest

[/edit]

16. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

**** it is! How you know?

17. davidlw macrumors 6502a

18. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

One of my phones doesn't even show 3G.

19. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Working now I think.

20. Ashyukun macrumors 6502

The AT&T store I was at this afternoon ordering my iPhone had some computers that were connecting properly to the system and some that weren't. They were able to order my phone on the one that was working... here's just hoping that the rest of the system works properly and it comes in when they said it would...

21. Ballsmoke macrumors newbie

Ballsmoke

my gf wants to know if she has to call the same store tomorrow to activate her 3G. They let her take it home and told her to wait for a call, never came. Just curious.

22. Antaios macrumors regular

at&t is being Hacked!!

as you guys all know I'm your trusty at&t sales rep here...

Well at&t has been under a hacker attack since last Wednesday. There is a group of hackers trying to take down at&t's database. Supposedly the group is mad that at&t is the U.S. exclusive provider for the iPhone and rather than start petitions to complain, they are voicing their frustrations through technology. Welcome to a Digital Protest!!

23. DevJ macrumors member

Antaios, Do you know when they will be able to start activating iphones again or are they already able to do so?

24. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

What about Telegence, the "other" system that AT&T has for account processing?

25. zync macrumors 68000

zync

Does anyone know if this problem will continue tomorrow? I don't know if AT&T is really being attacked by hackers, but I hate it when people hack and f*** things up for everyone else. That's just gay, and it's far worse than punishing a company for doing business. It's not AT&T's fault that it's the sole provider.