AT&T ported my number early..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Surrylic, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Surrylic macrumors regular

I get off of work at 4pm today and find my Straight Talk phone says "SIM not provisioned" and nothing works. Once I got home I eventually figured out how to make a phone call (wifi + MagicJack app for the SAVE). Called ST and they have me call att. ATT says they must have ported my number over already..

I have two choices:
    1) cancel my iphone order so my number ports back and then reorder (Lol no)
    2) pick up a free SIM from an att store tomorrow, and allow att to credit me for my first month of service.

Tough choice :D

Funny I have this problem considering I was worried, and posted a thread, about att being able to port my number at all lol.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Then why did you start a new thread? Go get a Sim card tomorrow.

3. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

That happened to me last year; I preordered a 4S from Telecom here in NZ and they moved my number over to it early. The funny part was that once I received the phone, it came with a card saying "please call xyz to transfer your number" :rolleyes:

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Not necessarily. What if someone didn't want to start using AT&T until the new phone or has no idea why calls aren't being routed to his or her current phone?

To the OP, I guess we know what you'll do, but thanks for the info, as it might help others.

6. gabriel925fm macrumors member

Thats the reason i didnt order a port i just order a new number. I will be calling att to do the port after i get the phone. My question is, i have a bring your own phone sim card. What did you use for account number and account pin? Im having issues with straightalk providing me this info. They keep telling me is my phones serial but i had my own phone, not one sold by them.

7. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Look on the bright side, now you can use the "Find my iPhone" feature to track your shiny new phone all the way to your doorstep. :D

8. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Hey! While your there see if they have Nano sims in! I think if I call my local store again tomorrow they will be pissed haha

9. Surrylic thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you :)

A total guess but it seemed to work - I put in the username and password that I use to log into straighttalk's website. I really didnt think that would work but I didnt know what else to do.