AT&T Pre Order - Now 3 Bank Charges

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ckurt25, Sep 14, 2012.

1. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I woke up this morning around 6:30 and fired up my computer. After seeing the 2 week time on Apple.com I jumped over to AT&T and it looked as though they could still commit to 9/21 deliveries. I placed my order and got it'll ship "as soon as 9/21." Not sure what "as soon as" really means but that's a bit off topic.

Later in the morning I jumped onto my bank's website and pulled up my account activity to check to see if my debit card had been charged. I see 3 separate pending charges (currently authorized for $1 each) from AT&T on the account. Anyone else see anything similar? If I'm in the minority I'll probably call Chase and see what they can tell me. I ordered 1 phone and nothing else from AT&T. It was adding a line to my account.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

They are just testing your card to see if valid. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

If I had to guess, one is for each of the following:

- The price of the phone
    - The tax of the sale
    - The activation fee

Maybe?

4. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    Pending charges aren't anything to worry about. You'll be fine.

5. almonde macrumors regular

I have 2 * $1 charges on my pending order.

Fingers crossed for the processing email soon :)

6. s502291 macrumors newbie

I saw the samething with my Bank of America account. Figured it was Apple checking my card. When I get gas, I will look at my acct, and it will say QuickTrip (1.00) and then a day or 2 later, the actual charge for gas will show up. Figured it was the same thing.

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

8. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Yeah, I've seen $1 charges when I get gas or like a few bucks from Jimmy Johns (delivery) and then the full amount (with JJ and other restaurants) when they run the final bill that includes the tip. I just wasn't expecting 3 separate charges. If they run it once to verify, why run it twice more?

I'm far from worried but I just don't want to get hit w/ the approximate $250 charge 3 times and then have fight to get them taken off. Although Chase has been GREAT in the past with getting money back in my account the minute I dispute a charge.