AT&T PRE-ORDER

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stuey12345, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Jessgirard811 macrumors newbie

Jessgirard811

*Just got a text, my phone has shipped! Yay!!

2. justint1989 macrumors newbie

justint1989

Not sure what perk you’re talking about? Please don’t say paying 199.00 upfront. That wasn’t a perk, you paid a higher monthly amount in your plan and essentially gave them the remaining amount on the device without knowing it. If you changed to any new plans that are offered today they are significantly cheaper and show the transparency on how much the phone is. *the perk is allowing yearly upgrades, and or paying the device off. Allowing you to further drop your bill.*

3. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

This is probably a dumb question but figured I’d ask it anyways. I have two lines I want to upgrade to the X, I did a test run through the MyATT app and it will only let me upgrade one phone though the cart at a time. Do I really have to go through the checkout process for each line individually? Am I just missing the way to upgrade both lines through one checkout process? Seems like even if I manage to get in early enough for the X there is no way I can do the checkout process twice without the second phone being delivered weeks later?

4. msesha87 macrumors 6502

msesha87

I’ve done it numerous times. Get a second person and both y’all do it. Or just have 2 devices and work those thumbs.

5. nojokews6 macrumors regular

Oh yeah? That's cool. Show me where I can get my unlimited plan for a lower rate then I have been paying since the first iPhone. Since my plan is the same price and now lost the "199 perk" I'm am now loosing the significant discount I was receiving for signing a contact.

6. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

That is completely untrue. That's what ATT preaches because they've turned a true subsidy into a monthly payment shell game. We went through all the math two years ago. Many of us are paying the same rate for our monthly service and are paying $500 or more for a phone they used to give us for free.

7. jcsquid3692 macrumors member

jcsquid3692

Exciting for everyone !! Low payments on the X

Attached Files:

8. Nebulance macrumors 6502

Nebulance

interesting! Will need to consider this against pre-ordering through the Apple Store App, which has been traditionally a bit faster in terms of immediate availability when the pre-order starts

9. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Yes, very interesting, but I thought the NEXT plan payments are the same regardless of where you order from?

10. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Are there very many folks left that are actually still waiting?

I could walk into most any Apple store now and get the model I wanted (except perhaps the 8 (non-Plus) space gray).

11. BeatCrazy macrumors 65816

Gold 8 Plus is hard to get in TX.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    $33.34/month for 30 months = $1,000

12. Nebulance macrumors 6502

Nebulance

ah.. yes. I'm a bit tired it seems.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    That's what I thought too.

13. bluevast macrumors member

bluevast

So this is possible? An option for down payment, when using my At&T account with the Apple App?
    I contacted Apple today and they said I could not..lol

14. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Quick question for y'all. So I'm on the ATT 12 month NEXT program, right now I owe $435. Someone told me I could sell my iPhone 7 Plus 128Gb for about $600 or so, which would leave me with some extra cash, but I don't want to get stuck with this phone if nobody wants to buy it.

Would it be possible for me to upgrade doing the Trade-in option and still be able to sell it? let me explain, I would like to have the option that if I don't find someone who wants to buy it within the 14 days I have to send it back then I would just send it back and be done with it or if I DO find someone willing to pay $500 or more then could I just sell it and pay what I owed or would I have to pay extra fees for not sending it back on top of what I owed?

15. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

I posted this in the Apple.com preorder thread, but wanted to ask here as well.

Can someone please explain to me the steps to do what I'm about to ask? I know I've been on here for years, but never once wanted to get a Verizon phone. But now, I may just because I'm tempted to switch to Verizon down the line. Anyways, I want to preorder the iPhone X come the 27th. But I want to get the Verizon model. I have AT&T currently. So I made a trial run ordering an 8 Plus, and it required my Verizon phone number and last four of my social. (I don't want to use a payment plan, just want to buy outright.) What does one do? Anybody able to shed light on this?

16. Renho macrumors 6502a

Renho

You can now do a down payment on Apple app. I am going to pay $100 down to get my payments from $45 to $36 a month and only have to pay 11 payments to upgrade instead of 12...
    --- Post Merged, Oct 4, 2017 ---
    You don’t say you have an account you just Get the unlocked one or sim free and pay full price.

17. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

They don't ever offer a sim-free phone at launch. I do plan to pay it all off at once, but that's where the problem comes in. I have to choose the Verizon model because that sim-free isn't an option for preorder.

18. Renho macrumors 6502a

Renho

I have never heard of that. Then again I have never needed to pre order one. But why would they do that.

19. Renho macrumors 6502a

Renho

So you say it’s a new line for Verizon, that won’t work?

20. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

No, that is not what is going on. I have service currently with AT&T. I want to buy the Verizon version because I think I may be switching to Verizon. (Waiting to decide with a family member what we'll be doing.) I want the versatility there in case we do make the switch to Verizon.

As for the sim-free, other than the iPhone 8/8 Plus, Apple never releases a sim-free version in the beginning. It's usually a month or longer that they then release the sim-free model for sale.

21. Renho macrumors 6502a

Renho

Well it sounds like ur not even sure what ur going to do so no way this works out in ur favor. And you said no phone besides this years launch. So if they did it for the 8 then I’m sure they will do it for the X.. it won’t hurt to try. Or you stand in line on launch day..

22. TeNsTrKe15 macrumors member

I actually just did this exact same thing with my iPhone 7. I told AT&T that I was trading it in so they sent me the shipping box and label with my new iPhone 8. I posted my phone on eBay to see how much I could get and it ended up selling for $460. AT&T will not post my remaining $325 until November because they give you a few weeks to send the phone, but once they do post it to my bill I will use the money I received from selling the 7 to pay it off.

23. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Okay. Awesome. I’ll be doing that then. Is ebay a safe place to try and sell it?

24. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

They don’t expect you to send them your phone and be stuck with nothing before you have the new one to replace it, do they?

25. TeNsTrKe15 macrumors member

I have sold quite a few items on eBay. It's a very simple process. Make sure you take good pictures and make note of all flaws (if any) on the phone. If the buyer sees something that was not mentioned they will be quick to request a partial refund or send the device back. Also do note that eBay takes 10% of the sale, and PayPal will take 2.9% of the sale.

eBay? Or AT&T? With AT&T you will get the new phone through your upgrade, and then in the box will be instructions for sending the current one back. AT&T will make sure you have your new phone before requiring your old one to be returned.