AT&T PRE-ORDER

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stuey12345, Sep 12, 2017.

1. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

This would be a sweet deal. Even if it's a late deal like last year. I'm still enjoying my $50 credits to this day. Gonna miss it but I guess for the iPhone X it's worth it.

2. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I am doing the same!

3. zztops macrumors newbie

question:

If we got $650 in credits last year for trading in an iphone and going on NEXT, would we continue to receive those monthly $27.09 credits for doing the yearly early upgrade from the 7/7+ to the X?

Thanks

4. USF813 macrumors regular

Not sure what I'm going to do. I see AT&T is offering a buy one get one free IPhone 8 for Direct TV customers, which my parents are.

But, I like the pre-paid plans because they cost so much less overall and aren't loaded with taxes. Can't stay on pre-paid on the BOGO offer.

And the 8 seems to be our last chance at getting the normal home button. Not a fan of the X.

Just getting power back in Tampa and Starbucks is finally open. I'm worn out.

5. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

Doubt it.

But you never know with AT&T their goal is always either to retain customers that can jump ship to another carrier or entice new customers to join ship.

Last year's deal was beneficial for a lot of people including me because my 6 Plus was paid for and I could have went to another carrier, so of course AT&T would offer deal like $650 in credits for sticking around and locking me in for another two years.

With that being said, there's not really an incentive for them to offer another deal like that for existing customer who took advantage of that deal last year UNLESS SAID customers decided to pay their device on in one year, but receiving credits monthly, why would someone do that?

You may see a similar deal for new customers for for those who say have the 6S or 6S Plus but I don't think for those that just upgraded last year..

6. ranred macrumors newbie

Does apple not allow to buy the iPhone X without carries? I don't see an option on their site.

Anyone?

7. mayanred macrumors newbie

Call AT&T. Depending on the GB you got you will need to make two payments, and you can upgrade. Make sure that you make the payment before you order Friday. They will send you the phone, and you will mail your 7plus back to them once you get your 8 o X
    --- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2017 ---
    Yes

8. Hawkeyeman Suspended

I’ll be using the Apple app for the first time as well when ordering he wife’s 8plus. If it works well I’ll use it for the X

9. jamminj606 macrumors newbie

I need to know this as well. I have no idea what happens to my monthly credits if I pay off the 7+ or trade it in. Still have half to go, $325.

10. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

Can someone clarify if this thread covers iPhone X preorders in October 27th or should we make our own thread? Also what about Apple Store buyers but for an AT&T phone?

11. applesNoranges88 macrumors member

applesNoranges88

Once you trade in your current device you begin payments on the new one.

12. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Yes, I would say so. They made this thread a sticky :D

13. Mikemx3 macrumors newbie

Mikemx3

Just got off the phone with AT&T and they confirmed that I will lose the balance of the $650.00 credit when I trade in my 7+ for the 8+. Is it worth it?

14. RyCan3 macrumors 6502

RyCan3

Does anyone know if when we preorder the new iphone, can we put money down to lower the monthly payments?

15. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Yeah you should be able to.

16. kheard73 macrumors regular

kheard73

Yes you can

17. RyCan3 macrumors 6502

RyCan3

Even if we order from Apple?

18. kheard73 macrumors regular

kheard73

Order through Apple with ATT plan yes, through Apple using Apple plan I'm not sure on

19. krishmk macrumors regular

You can, also you can prepay and they use it monthly to payoff the phone bill.

20. hpnas macrumors member

The better option is to continue to make the payments and sell your iPhone 7+ and buy an 8+ / X and use the proceeds from the iPhone 7+ for the new phone

21. medulla macrumors regular

Can you sell the phone and continue to make payments on it?
    If AT&T see the phone isn't active on your account would they stop the credits?
    Also, we wouldn't be able to get another phone from your account since the iPhone 7+ financing would still be active, so we'd have to buy it out from Apple?

22. shelb724 macrumors member

I am going to order tomorrow morning (not sure about the 3 am thing in Ohio but i'm not desperate and I would rather wait until i'm awake). Anyway, I see that you can set up the order and then just hit enter. When I tried to save it, it does not--it automatically logs me out and then I have to start over again. I even tried doing it on the Apple web site on a computer and it still does not save what I have. I will be order the 8 256 GB in Silver (really want rose gold, and i'm not sure that the gold they are offering is close to it). Anyway, if someone could let me know what i'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it!

23. flashflooder macrumors regular

how come AT&T hasn't released any of the details of this iPhone 8 BOGO promo I've been reading about all over the web? Seems a little late in the game, no?

If the only requirement is to have a DirectTV or U-Verse account, then I'm all over it.

24. SRLMJ23, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017

SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

This is not true at all. You do not have to make the payment at time of pre-order. You can pay it anytime you want. I paid my 12th installment yesterday which made me eligible for either the iPhone 8/8+ or iPhone X as of that payment. I used AT&T's iPhone App to pay the 12th installment.

:apple:
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2017 ---
    Do you happen to know if having DirecTV NOW counts as an eligible service? Thanks in advance!

:apple:

25. eyoung71 macrumors newbie

I am with you on this one! I was kind of on the fence about getting an 8 for me and 8 plus for my wife. But with this deal I think I will do it. I'm a Directv customer so I should be good to go.
    I'm assuming we HAVE to use the AT&T website for the pre-order to get this deal?