AT&T pre-orders for paid in full 6S owners

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
Does anyone understand the particulars if you bought an iPhone 6S 2 years ago and have paid it off in full? Obviously you won't be required to trade it in. What if I want the iPhone X ?

Does anyone know? The other thread on this subject was mainly full of people with half paid for phones, that bought the iPhone 7 models.

Thanks

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
im in the same boat. my contract is up, too. is your contract expired? are you on att next?

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
im in the same boat. my contract is up, too. is your contract expired? are you on att next?
I JUST NOW switched plans to a cheaper unlimited data plan.. I had been grandfathered in to the old original unlimited AT&T data plan for 10 years, so yeah.. I've been with AT&T that long.. They consider me a very good customer.

I don't think I'm on the 'Next' plan.. all my other phones were ordered through Apple website or store app on iPhone.. ordering from AT&T will be a first for me, but I thought I would try it.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
hi, what unlimited data plan and how much is it? Is it a contract? i've been grandfathered in att unlimited cell plan since about 2008 or 2009.

My old contract which ended this october was $90 including all little fees like 911 fee etc. It was worth it as I regularly used 20-25 gb a month.

I always ordered via apple site too. but i think it was subsidized price via att contract.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
I'm getting about a $30 per month discount for same data speed, unlimited talk in US, Mexico and Canada, and unlimited texts worldwide with their new plan.