AT&T Premier Accounts are elligible for early upgrade??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pacdamac9, Jun 10, 2010.

1. pacdamac9 macrumors member

I got the 3GS last July on my own and then I found out I could get a FAN discount thru work...

I checked the other day to see if I were elligble for an early upgrade and I recieved this text, "As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a 2-yr commitment and an 18 dollar fee."

I wasnt sure what that meant so I called AT&T and talked to a rep. Unfortunately he said he couldnt provide confirmerd answers on pricing. Something about theyre not allowed to yet until its announced. So I ask the guy.... "would $499 be a good guess on what I have to pay for the new iPhone 4, 32GB?" He says... "that would be a bad guess, your upgrade eligibility has been rececntly changed."

And I guess it did because a couple months ago, when I would goto the AT&T website to check my upgrade, it was showing $499 for a 3GS in 32GB. I checked today and its now showing, $299. So I can get the iPhone 4 in 32GB for $299? :eek::eek::eek:

Im thinking about calling back to talk to another person, has anyone else experienced the same thing?

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

The upgrade eligibility is based upon when your contract ends. They factor in a dozen or so different things. Wether you have paid your bills on time, how much you pay per month, maybe premier makes a difference too?

I know the majority that pay over $100 every month get an upgrade every 12 months or so.

I got my 3GS in August 2009 and today it shows that I'M eligible with the $18 fee like you.

The prices were confirmed by apple.

$199 - 16GB
    $299 - 32GB

3. pacdamac9 thread starter macrumors member

yea, I heard that too.... I guess I shouldnt be too confirmed on the why or how. I just got a little alarmed when people were saying conflicting things.

I called them again and they checked my account and they said Im elligible for the lower price!! SWEEEETT!!! :D

4. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm on premier too and I called on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday with all 3 different reps saying I'm eligible for the price of $199/$299 with the $18 fee and I got my 3GS in Aug 2009 when we came from verizon.

It could be Premier get a good deal on the upgrades or something, cause the way I read was that 2010 people contracts ends get an upgrade that would put people in 2008 to early 2009 who got the 3G or 3GS to upgrade who knows. My contract don't end until Aug 2011

But I'm happy they said I can get the price point at $199/$299

*watch when I go pre-order they say I'm not eligible for that price point ($199/$299) I hope not LOL