AT&T Premier order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slusmiles, Jun 27, 2013.

1. slusmiles macrumors newbie

I ordered a white iPhone 5 16GB on 6/24. It's backordered till 7/3?? Keep getting different dates from reps. Is anyone else experiencing this delay?

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I wouldn't be surpised if you get it a couple of days before that, though that's only 4 business days away, and I think my premier account does 3 day shipping.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, 4 business days away.
    What a delay that is...

4. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Well it is just over a week after from date of order to expected delivery date, could be due to lack of stock or just that they estimate a few extra days so you don't expect it at your doorstep the next day.

I think I got my 4S about a month after I ordered it from AT&T, and I didn't order it until it was on the market for a few months.

5. mzd macrumors 6502a

hmm, i ordered one (same - iPhone 5 16GB white) last night (online, att.com) and i just checked my order status and it says it shipped today.

6. slusmiles thread starter macrumors newbie

I was told because of the $99 iPhone 5 promotion they are out of stock. I guess it must apply to premier customers only. It appears that AT&T.com has them in stock. I feel like it's Sept/October 2012 all over again.

7. mzd macrumors 6502a

odd, i am a premier customer as well.
    it did say Back Ordered very briefly last night after I placed the order, but it was still processing my payment at that time as well.
    did you go to a store or order online?

8. samven582 macrumors 6502a

Same here. :mad:

9. slusmiles thread starter macrumors newbie

Mzd, I ordered online. It appears all my worry may be for naught. After 3 hours on the phone with AT&T trying to activate my sister and b-i-l's iPhones and they barely get a signal at their house in NE MO. Of course after the fact a neighbor said their signal has gotten weaker over the past several months. It was fine when I visited over Christmas. What a pain in the butt!

10. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Most likely the reason for this is a higher demand due to the $99 price point right now.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

11. slusmiles thread starter macrumors newbie

Still no movement. Not able to get much out of the Premier call center. They definitely don't provide "premier customer service". Being told that it could ship between 7/3-12. Ridiculous that it could take up to 3 weeks to ship when other sales channels don't seem to be experiencing shortages.

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

I ordered a 16GB white iphone 5 on 6/28 in the late evening using the $100 upgrade w/ 2 yr contract extension on one of my lines that was fully eligible.

It shipped yesterday (6/30) and Fedex tracking says it should arrive tomorrow (7/2).

13. slusmiles thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you order from att.com or from Premier?

14. deeddawg macrumors 604

Web order via Premier.

15. fbara macrumors newbie

I'm a Premier customer and I had the option of going to a local AT&T store. I bought 3 iPhone 5's and walked out with them on the same day (2 white and 1 black). The Apple stores do the same thing.

If you have a store nearby and don't want to wait, that's the way to go.