AT&T Preorder - They Told Me They Will "Ship" on the 21st not exactly be delivered?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Sep 14, 2012.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I got my pre-order in last night and got a confirmation and everything stating my iPhone 5 will be delivered on the 21st.

Called and spoke with a rep today and he stated they are scheduled to be "Shipped" on the 21st and based on where I am located in the US it may be delivered on that day but not guarantee ... he said it could take and extra day or two.

I have always ordered from Apple.com for my pre-orders and they get shipped out a few days ahead of time to arrive on launch day ... but according to him they don;t ship out overseas like apple ... they get sent to them ahead of time and AT&T ships them out on launch day.

Is this how AT&T works? Anyone able to provide any feedback on this?

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

If you call 10 AT&T reps, you'll get 12 different answers. Don't call.

If you got your order in...and the confirmation email says: Your order will arrive on 9/21/12 then you are all set. Don't worry.

At some point next week the order status will updated with shipping numbers and you can track.

-Kevin

3. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I do hope your right! (and funny thing cause I called again and guy said ... ohh ya your'll have it on the 21st :rolleyes:

Can someone chime in who did the pre-order alst year and if it showed up launch day or did you have to wait a couple more days cause they "shipped" on launch day and not delivered on launch day?

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I ordered from AT&T 2 years ago for the iPhone 4....that was a mess (didn't get confirmation emails for days after it was placed). Regardless.....it was shipped before and I received it ON launch day.

You should be all set if you got in early. Just realize that AT&T will be shipping it....not Apple. So when all the Apple people start tracking things from China....don't worry. Yours will come from an AT&T warehouse somewhere in the US.

-Kevin

5. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Great info ... thanks so much this.

I got mine in around 1:00 and went through without a hitch and confirmation came through right away stating the order had been placed and will be delivered on sep. 21st, followed by and email stating my order has been processed about 30 mins after the first email ... then I received a text message today from at&t stating your "pre-order has been processed, you will be notified when your order ships".

Seems like with this kind of communication I should be good to go!