AT&T Preorders – Silently Not Going Through

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daver.cl, Jun 15, 2010.

1. daver.cl macrumors member

Hey folks,

just giving you a heads up... I hadn't received my confirmation number, so I called to confirm my order with an AT&T rep. According to her, the order I placed at 8am EST today didn't actually go through – I had to re-order the phone all over again.

If you haven't heard from AT&T after your order, make sure it went through!

2. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Well the money was taken out of my account within 5mins of submitting the order.. so something went through, not exactly sure what but it was something..

3. huskerchad macrumors regular

I'm wondering what is the best way to go. I need to upgrade two existing lines to iPhone 4 (with full discount eligibility). The account does have a FAN.

I am slowly working my way to building up a cart on AT&T's website. Slow, but getting there.

I can't get past account verification on Apple's website.

With the iPhone App I am not able to pre-order but it offers to reserve one.

I'd prefer to order from Apple's website.

AT&T's website warns me not to put other wireless devices in the cart to avoid delays...so I am wary of pre-ordering two through them.

I'd rather not have to go to a store on launch day, I'd prefer to have them delivered.

Should I just wait until the congestion clears up and I can order through Apple?

4. rbick23 macrumors newbie

I got an order confirmation this morning when I ordered the new one but i never recieved an email. And it says the items are being processed when i look at the order number.

5. daver.cl thread starter macrumors member

Yeah. I called in because the Premier website wasn't working for me and placed the order there. The woman I spoke to promised an email confirmation "shortly", nothing so far.

When I go to check order status with my wireless number and zip, it gives me an error telling me there's nothing in the system.

I re-placed the order (hence this thread) and waiting again for some sort of confirmation...

6. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

When I login to AT&T now I get this under my account info:

7. RynoZebz macrumors regular

Haven't gotten a confirmation email and my 3 attempts to order were canceled via email minutes after the transaction on the site was over and approved. However if I sign into my AT&T account it shows that I'm not eligible for upgrading anymore, neither is my wife's line. We were prior to my "failed" orders. And if I go to the order status page it pulls up an order for two 32gb iPhone 4s but the order number is different from any of the 3 orders I had processed (and supposedly had canceled by AT&T) earlier. So I'm pretty confident that I got our order in. But not completely confident. lol They did charge my bank account so that's a good sign.

I wasn't the only one having issues with AT&T sending the order canceled emails. According to the MacRumors forums the problem has been widespread. But in my case it looked like someone saw I was trying to order and was having issues and they just created a new order for me. Strange morning.

8. terrimac macrumors newbie

Pre-order issues

I was successful at 4:30 am CST in getting my order through AT&T and received a confirmation number. Within an hour the charges had hit my bank account. Two hours later I get an email from AT&T stating I had exceeded my number on lines, I ordered one only, and my order had been cancelled. On AT&T I no longer show to qualify for an upgrade and my shipment is still pending. After a long hold with AT&T customer service I'm told it looks like the order went through.

Anyone else have this issue?

9. chim9999 macrumors regular

chim9999

i don't know what i'll do when (if) i ever manage to order the d@m3d thing then get an email that my order has been cancelled. 6+ hours later i'm still trying to pre-order.

10. RynoZebz macrumors regular

Read my comment just above yours. I had a similar situation happen with mine. Perhaps mine went through then too if yours did.

11. terrimac macrumors newbie

Update to cancellation email

I haven't had time to look for any other posts so forgive me. The order number I received a cancellation email for is NOT the same order number my status on AT&T shows as "In Progress". I feel much better!

When you go to check status at https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order use your wireless number as a search method. Compare your confirmation numbers. I'll bet the AT&T system was doubling orders.