at&t pushes upgrade price from 20 to 24 months - contract question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sir42, Jun 12, 2013.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

I just saw the press release that AT&T will now make customers wait 24 months (rather than 20) to receive the lowest upgrade price.

Is this grounds to terminate my contract with AT&T or are they protected because while they are changing their policy they aren't actually changing their contracts?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The contract has always been 24 months, at&t is just now holding people to it rather than allowing them to upgrade a few months early. I don't think you can use this to break your contract.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Would be nice but its not grounds for getting out of your contract without paying the ETF.

4. dave420 macrumors 65816

You might want to read that contract a little more closely. There is nothing in it about when your upgrade will be.
    Now I have heard they recently added a $.61 fee to everyone's bill. That argument may have more merit to get you out of your contract.

5. LoloBond macrumors 6502

6. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Monkey see, monkey do. Verizon just did this.

I swear the entire mobile telcom industry is just one big orchestrated price fixing scheme.

7. msaftw macrumors member

ya, you have a contract for 24 months, upgrade varies between 16-24. Technically AT&T can keep your upgrade until the 24 months are up because that's what you signed up for…sucks, I've been with AT&T over 7 years, over 21 years if you count home phone.

8. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

I thought it said that you can do an early upgrade if you have at least 6 months worth of service into your contract?