AT&T pushing up upgrade eligibility for some by three weeks!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mazda 3s, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Mazda 3s macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Looks like AT&T is bringing Christmas a bit early this year :) I have been checking my upgrade eligibility since the beginning of this year. It always said November 25 (I last upgraded when I bought my iPhone 4 on the first day of availability).

I checked the day the iPhone 4S was announced: November 25
    I checked two weeks after the iPhone 4S was announced: November 25
    I last checked October 30: November 25

On a whim, I decided do ANOTHER *639# this evening and was greeted with this:

[​IMG]

WOOT! :D

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

Old news. You are about 5 days late to the party. There were already big threads on this.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah I've heard ATT just does it on the beginning of the month, they don't wait for the specific date to come.

4. amazingdm macrumors 6502

5. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

At random intervals, AT&T employees draw straws. Then they apply early upgrades to accounts with the employees favorite numbers. It's a fun game & the customers win. :)

6. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

This is old news. AT&T stores are allowed to give u upgrade 30 days prior to date. So I was originally 11/22 and they let me order at upgrade price on 10/22. Some might tell you it has to be the first of the same month but that is BS - its 30 days from your date.

7. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

8. RRNYC, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011

RRNYC macrumors member

I've gotten my upgrades pushed up as far as 4 months with the iPhone and even sooner with blackberrys. AT&T has told me its based on your monthly bills which pays for your subsidy