AT&T Remote Unlockers; are you still unlocked on 4.3.3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eeosman, May 7, 2011.

1. eeosman macrumors newbie

Please share, if you're at&t or softbank remote unlocked and still after 4.3.3 update, thanx

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Is yours? You're aware that this unlock is no longer available - right?

3. war eagle macrumors 6502a

I'm sure he's aware it's not available. He's asking people who got it if it's safe to upgrade.

don't be a jerk.

Sent from my iPhone

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I wasn't being a jerk, I'm legitimately curious if the OP has one and if it has been broken. I find it to be amazing that someone was actually able to hack into the Apple servers to "white-list" IMEI's and there hasn't been much concern about security therein.

I also wanted to make sure the OP wasn't getting his hopes up to use this method had he not used it yet, so I let him know it was no longer available.

Sorry if it came off otherwise.

5. Vonswanko macrumors regular

Mine still is. Got it unlocked the first day it was offered. Have updated to 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 and still good to go.

6. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

How confident are you that it will remain unlocked in the coming months? I'm figuring a "fix" by Apple is in the works. Both for this, and the absurd 911 calling sim card.

Don't get me wrong. I wish ip4 was unlocked. Just doubtful that yours will remain so....

7. SirStrumalot, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011

SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

To be honest, there's also a decent chance Apple won't "fix" it. They never publicly acknowledged a database breach, and might not bother removing specific IMEI's from their whitelist.

8. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I figure they won't acknowledge the breach and then will quietly purge the offending IMEIs from the whitelist.

Only time will tell, I guess.

9. eeosman thread starter macrumors newbie

i think so

10. iPhone Warrior macrumors member

Has anyone who had the unlock done had their phone exchanged by Apple? I believe that Apple normally moves the unlock when 'officially' unlocked by the carrier.