AT&T Reported Today That There Are 9 Million iPhones On It's Network In The U.S.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphones4evry1, Jul 23, 2009.

1. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

"AT&T ended the quarter with 79.6 million wireless subscribers of which just under 9 million had iPhones." AT&T reported earnings today.

"AT&T activated more than 2.4 million iPhones in the quarter, and more than a third of those were for customers who were new to the carrier. Apple Inc. and AT&T launched a new model of the phone on June 19."

"AT&T added a net 1.37 million wireless subscribers, a strong showing in a market that's approaching saturation, and more than analysts had expected. Together with the evident popularity of the iPhone, it could mean that AT&T has benefited at the expense of other carriers this quarter."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Econo...8.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=5&asset=&ccode=

Note that the 9 million does not include jail broken iPhones on T-mobile's network. If you add those, the number of iPhones in the U.S. is likely over 10 million.

2. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

Surprising that their net revenue is down even though the iPhone is carrying them like this. If Apple goes to Verizon next year, I can see AT&T struggling for the next 3-4 years.

3. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Impressive.

Imagine if Apple just sold iPhones like iPods and you could put them on any network you wanted? :eek:

They'd be millions more out there I bet.

4. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Meh, 12% doesn't seem that big a number to me.

5. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I was about to offer you 12% of my multi-billion dollar fortune, but forget it now!

6. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I'll take it!

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Extremely small, unmarked bills would be nice.....:p

12% is actually quite nice....

8. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Maybe I alread have my own 12% of a multi billion dollar fortune? :p

9. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

Given the number of different handsets, past and present, that are active on AT&T service, for one device to capture 12% of the market is actually quite good!