AT&T retail still pushing Android over iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spacepower7, Nov 28, 2011.

1. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Talked to not so tech savy friends today, who went to AT&T retail that tried to convince them that they should get android phones. The actual manager said that the android phones have wifi hotspots but no iPhones do? Totally wrong!

Then, even after knowing that they are a Mac/web based company, the manager told them that that android would be better to sync with their calendar, address book etc..

Maybe if your company is based on google services...?

I'm not dissing android or google, but if you have a Mac and iPod touch, and are not tech savy, then an iPhone is the obvious choice.

So are there sales quotas or incentives for AT&T employees, managers, or stores?

I just wondering why AT&T is pushing android when these customers would be better off with iPhones? Anybody know?

I think the android phone they were pushing was $100 so the AT&T guy wanted a quick sale. I explained to my friends that the extra $100 for an iPhone was worth the money if you keep your phone for 1 or 2 years.

I also informed them about square credit card processing which might be useful to them.

2. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

Probably related to the high demand of iPhones right now... the sales associate was probably just trying to push your friends towards phones they actually had in stock that day...

3. skywest153 macrumors member

I could be wrong, but I believe I read that the commission of the Android phone sale is higher than that of an iPhone sale.