Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

AT&T says the claim of not being able to use FaceTime on older data plans is false

robbone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
I called AT&T today and asked them about this new data share plan and the FaceTime over 3G and a senior advisor told me that was not a true statement and that we will be able to make FaceTime calls over 3G in ios 6 even with grandfathered data plans, do we will see who is lying here

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I called AT&T today and asked them about this new data share plan and the FaceTime over 3G and a senior advisor told me that was not a true statement and that we will be able to make FaceTime calls over 3G in ios 6 even with grandfathered data plans, do we will see who is lying here

I think the senior adviser you talked with is lying.

Comment

southerndoc

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
USA
File a complaint with the FCC. You can do so online at fcc.gov.

It's like paying for long distance service, but AT&T saying you can't call California or you can't use a Walmart-branded telephone.

Comment

ggmissmolly

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2011
Lexington, KY
Maybe he should read his own employer's press releases. Currently the plan is to allow facetime over cellular only on shared data plans. Read!

Comment

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
did you ask about the new iphone having lte. facetime over lte...
maybe they are keeping it with the 3g phones.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.