AT&T shared data plan with iPhone question..(discount)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shockwave78, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Thinking of switching back to AT&T from Verizon for the i5. Anyway..with the new shared data plans does att apply your employer discount or whatever discount you are getting to all aspects if your plan? Will your discount be applied t the data charge, and per smart phone charge?

I believe with Verizon they only apply your discounts to the data portion of your family plan and not the per phone charge.

Any halp appreciated!

2. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

My understanding is it's the same as Verizon, applies to data only.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Depends on the FAN discount, but most are reporting discounts on data of main line only.

4. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Everything I have read points to it being on the data plan. So if you buy the $120 10 gig plan with a 20% discount, it's $96 instead of 120. The rest is the price on the web page ($30 per phone.) I just switched my plan and haven't gotten my first bill yet, so I can't confirm.

5. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

A coworker went to AT&T yesterday and they told her the base plan is FAN eligible however each additional device is not. As others stated this might depend on your FAN discount.

6. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I was in the att store last night and our bill is 150$ minus our 22% employer discount.

7. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

I love that AT&T ant get their story straight. I was told it only applies to the individual device. Not the plan itself. So the 30-45 monthly payment on the phone line only.

9. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Any discount is specific to each FAN.

For example, some provide a discount on voice service only, while others provide a discount on voice and data for the main line and data on any additional lines as long as the data charge is above $25. Some provide only a discount for voice service for the primary line.

Dave

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

My current fan is both voice and data, but when plugging my fan in for the new plans it's comes off the device fee only.

11. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I sure hope mine is on the data. As 20% off 120 is a lot better than 20% of 30! The text on the screen when I accepted the Mobile Share plan indicated it was on the data portion.

12. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

So far everything we've been told (in-store sales reps) is that the FAN discounts only apply to the data plan on the mobile share plans. Currently on the regular family plan I get a discount on the calling plan, texting plan, and data on every line on the account. But with the mobile share plan I only get the discount on the data plan (10GB and lower). I don't get the discount on the 15GB or 20GB plan.

13. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

shared plan is data only discount... mine came for 120 - 10gig plan was 90 dollars

14. MajesticNJ macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

+1 for me after a long call with an ATT rep then a follow up chat with a different ATT rep. Saved the chatlog too. FAN only applies to the data portion.

15. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Again each FAN will have different options.

In my case I see the a discount on the Mobile Share plans with unlimited voice and txt. I don't see a discount on the additional device - AT&T Mobile Share(R) Personal for iPhone - $35.00

I still have to option to pick the standard options of FamilyTalk or National plans and see a discount on both the voice and data. Note the data is only discounted for features that are more than $35 so no discount on the 300 MB or 3 GB plans.

Dave

16. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

AT&T told me it applies to any portion of the plan that belongs to that specific individual that costs over $25

My Current Plan w/ 21% FAN Discount:
    $40 450 Minutes
    $25 2 GB Data Pro
    $20 Unlimited Texts

So I get 21% off of $40 and $25, but not $20.

New Shared Data Plans with my FAN Discount:
    $40 Unlimited Talk, Text, 1 GB Data
    $45 My smart phone

I would get 21% off of $40 and $45 according to AT&T rep I talked to...

New Shared Data Plans with my FAN Discount:
    $40 Unlimited Talk, Text, 1 GB Data
    $45 My smart phone
    $45 Another Smart Phone

I would only get 21% off of $40 and one of the $45...

ADDITIONAL: I know 1 GB is probably not enough for two people, I just used the pricing cuz I knew it off the top of my head

17. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I did a chat session with att premier and they said data portion of the plan AND. The primary line only the discount is applied to.

So if you have 3 lines, your primary would be the only one receiving the discount

18. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

My Premier discount applies to the primary line (with exception to unlimited texting and m2m - no discount there) as well as the data plan on each line.