AT&T Shared Plan Question

dawgfang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2005
Atlanta
My wife and I have separate plans but both have grandfathered unlimited iPhone 4s phones.
Im not due for an upgrade until next year but I was wondering if I could go to a shared plan combining both me and my wife's plan (will AT&T allow since they are totally separate now) and adding a third line which would allow me a subsidized priced iphone 5? I could use the third line anyway.
Any thoughts?

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
My wife and I have separate plans but both have grandfathered unlimited iPhone 4s phones.
Im not due for an upgrade until next year but I was wondering if I could go to a shared plan combining both me and my wife's plan (will AT&T allow since they are totally separate now) and adding a third line which would allow me a subsidized priced iphone 5? I could use the third line anyway.
Any thoughts?
I bet that would work.

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
Any thoughts?
Yes, that works fine. You can transfer upgrades on your family/shared plans.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Before you make any changes to your present situation, you might want to check on how your Unlimited data plans would be affected if it's important to you to remain grandfathered in.

If you go to a Mobile Share plan, you'll both lose your Unlimited plans. You'll gain tethering. I did this two weeks ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.