AT&T shipping iPhone 5s via USPS?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by veedubshafer, Oct 3, 2013.

1. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

Checked my order status and it's shipping via USPS and I have a tracking # that is definitely a USPS #. I always thought they shipped via FedEx or UPS. I guess if it's coming USPS it must be shipping from within the USA as well. Any thoughts?

2. Nothlit macrumors regular

I have no actual knowledge of how they are shipping, but it could also be FedEx SmartPost, which essentially uses FedEx to ship to a local USPS distribution hub in your area, then USPS delivers it the rest of the way to your house.

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I think UPS has a similar setup called UPS Mail Innovations that does the same thing--delivers it to the USPS and they take it from there.

4. veedubshafer thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I know that UPS and FedEx ship that way. Usually it's assigned one of their #'s though instead of a USPS #. So who knows what's going on. I'm just glad it's SHIPPED!! And I only ordered it Tuesday. 32gb Space Grey AT&T

5. sunshinecourt9 macrumors member

sunshinecourt9

Yup, that's how mine came. Mailman left it on my porch (I was home just not near the front door). Good thing is you don't have to sign for it if you aren't home.

6. veedubshafer thread starter macrumors 6502

Which I am happy for. I live in a rural area and while there is always a chance of a thief lurking around I shouldn't have a problem.