AT&T store stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thegravytrain, Sep 27, 2012.

1. thegravytrain macrumors member

Has anyone found any AT&T store stock recently?

2. GetSwole37 macrumors member

Go to the online store from 10pm to 4am.

Add phone to cart. Select option for store pickup. If a store shows up as a place to pick up. They have stock.

I am looking at maybe upgrading my iPhone 5 32 to a 64 and have done this test. Since I already upgraded, I click on add new line to check for availability

3. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I plan on calling Target, Walmart, and a couple of other AT&T stores this afternoon. Worth a shot...

4. thegravytrain thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Why is there a time (10pm to 4am) dependency?

5. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

That's when the apple store stock is updated.
    Not AT&T

6. thegravytrain thread starter macrumors member

OK. Original question still remains then. The AT&T stores I have called don't seem to have any idea when stock will come in. One of them quoted something like 6 weeks. I am looking to swap my 32 black for a 64 white.

7. GetSwole37 macrumors member

sorry about that.. I have been doing that for Apple Store so figured you were wanting to know Apple too. funny thing is, looking at doing the same.

almost hope that i get stuck with the 32gb and makes my decision for me.

what is your reason for 64gb?

this is my thread..
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1456392

i think if you manage your stuff, 32gb should be fine.. issue is, i rather not.. and i want to be able to record and i am a big time photo person.. i usually the one doing the photo taking at events etc.

64 gives me option to add a bunch of stuff, i probably will never use, but still there if needed.

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

The AT&T stores around my area have a few.

9. soco macrumors 68030

soco

10. thegravytrain thread starter macrumors member

i was thinking of going 64 mainly for the same reasons as you ... to not have to worry about managing storage. like you, i think i would easily survive with 32. i do have a nav app that takes up multiple gigs, and I tend to take many photos as well. i was thinking of moving to white to make my scuffs and scratches less noticeable. :)

since i bought the phone in-store at AT&T, I think that is my only option for exchange to a different model. with stock depleted seemingly everywhere, the logistics of exchanging is a little tough. i don't want to return now and get one later as i can't be without a phone. so, i'm hoping some stock arrives in the next couple weeks before by 30 days is up.

11. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

The AT&T stores I've gone into in Columbus have told me they don't expect any additional inventory until all the web pre-orders are filled. They have no solid date to go by.

12. svtran79 macrumors newbie

The AT&T store I went to in Torrance, CA (LA County) said they have received any shipment from their initial supply on opening day.

13. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Do you have a link to do this with ATT? We do know it works with Apple.

14. thegravytrain thread starter macrumors member

Checking in again to see if anyone has found any in AT&T stores recently. I got one in-store on launch day and would like to change to another color/size before my 30 days are up, but I'm not sure how to accomplish this if no stores have them in stock.

15. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I ordered one through my store today. They said they hadn't gotten any in since launch day, and it will be 2-3 weeks before mine is shipped.

16. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

iirc, when i bought mine at an AT&T store at launch, they said they did not receive any black 64gb, and none of the other AT&T stores had them. They did have the white 64gb though.

And the store I went to only had 58 in stock on launch day.

17. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I bought a black 64G iPhone 5 at my local AT&T store yesterday. They had received a shipment of 64s the previous day, and they had a lot of them in stock, apparently.

18. jeffg819 macrumors regular

Bought a black 64 at the local AT&T store yesterday. At the time, they had one more in stock, nothing else.

Got lucky!

19. pinkoos macrumors regular

I randomly called an ATT store close to my home here in Houston yesterday afternoon and they had just gotten about 6 64gb black iPhone 5's.

They kindly held one for me and I went in about an hour and a half later and picked it up.

The gentleman who helped me said that he was surprised that they got those and that "they just came." I took that to mean that maybe it's true that they have no idea if/when they are getting more.

Because they have no idea, you're better off calling everyday just to check and see if any stores in your area got any.

20. MarcinK95 macrumors newbie

When my dad went to att store, they told him to come pick it up in 10 to 14 days. It looks like they are getting good stock. You guys should try there.