AT&T Student Discount help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by angelica314, Jul 25, 2013.

1. angelica314, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013

angelica314 macrumors member

Hello everyone. I'm trying to get the student discount with at&t, I've entered my email and it says my university qualifies, but I have to register and enter a number. I still don't have service with at&t, I'd like to begin it, so how would I register & buy everything if I don't have an at&t #?

Thank you!

2. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

You can order new service right off the link that they email you. Just follow the prompts. It makes you pick a phone, and then a plan.

3. angelica314 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but when I want to checkout it tells me to log in or register with a phone number...

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

just get your service first. you can apply the discount later on once the account is active.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Get service first, then visit the link and fill in the forms and voila.

6. angelica314 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you! So I'll place the order normally and then go to the link? It tells me that it'll waive the $36 fee, so how'll that work?

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It may not show up on the bill. If it does, just call them and tell them your discount is supposed waive the fee and they'll remove it for you.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

That or they will just credit you on your next bill. AT&T has been reidiculously good at crediting me for various things. I called last time because my mom (who is on our family plan) was using 411 (yeah... instead of just searching on the flipping web that her 4S is perfectly capable of doing) but I didn't know what the charges were. The charges amounted to about $10 over two months. They explained, I was happy with the explaination, but then decided to give me $84.71 credit. Don't ask me where they got that number from, but I wasn't about to ask!

I also got credited all kinds of money when the Lumia 920 launched. I basically got the phone for free, two chargers, and an EXTRA $200 towards my bill. It pays to call in every once in a while and be polite.

9. angelica314 thread starter macrumors member

Woah, lucky! I called them yesterday to see if they had any discounts or anything (I hadn't found out about this yet) and they weren't that helpful, they didn't even tell me anything about this college discount. It's so cryptic, I guess they don't want people to find out or something.

Thanks!

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I am sure it has to do a lot with what rep you get. Also, we have been customers since the iPhone 3G, which might help some.

11. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

There's a student discount?! How to I get that? What %?

12. angelica314 thread starter macrumors member