AT&T throttled me, but....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pooleman, Mar 28, 2012.

1. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

So I got throttled this month with about 5 7 days left to go. But I was throttled with enough speed to still stream Netflix. Picture quality isn't perfect but there is no lag and sound is still good. So I was able to stream an extra gig worth of data yesterday. Shooting for 10 gigs by the end of my billing cycle.

So, for you guys who have been throttled, have you found that your phone is more usable than previous throttles?

2. MattMJB0188, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012

MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

So your just gonna see how much you can use throttled? If you have WIFI why not use that? Why waste the data if you don't need it? This takes away from everyone else!!

3. pooleman, Mar 28, 2012

pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

I do not have wifi during the day. Downloading at a rate of 0.28Mbps will not have a noticeable effect on anyone. That is why we are throttled, so we will not have an impact. 0.28Mbps is like spooning tea cups of water out of a lake. Also, check your spelling and grammar before accusing others of being "idiots". It makes you look foolish.

4. groupersandwich, Mar 28, 2012

groupersandwich macrumors 6502

LOL, that sounds about like my normal speeds on VZW! Well, maybe just a touch faster than what Big Red provides me. :p

5. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

This is for testing purposes, sacrifices must be made.

6. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

Yes. All in the name of science. I am currently running the "The Office" experiment. Season 7 Episode 9. All things are running smoothly. Updates fourth coming.

7. OceanView macrumors 65816

So just to summarize, you got throttled after about 3GB of downloading?
    And now you are being throttled but the speed is bearable?
    I guess that's good news.

Please keep us informed of your findings.

8. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

It is kind of good news. A few months ago when I was being throttled my speed dropped down to 0.07Mbps which was virtually unusable. My hope is that as more people move to 4G the restrictions will lift on the 3G network.

9. BiggAW macrumors 68020

This is why we can't have nice things. You probably aren't getting throttled had because our market has bandwidth coming out of it's ears. Away from Storrs, it's pretty much a consistent 5500 in most of Eastern CT.

10. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I haven't had to deal with throttling, but it's good to see that people's throttled speeds seem to be more usable now.

By the way, you might get more conversation and activity in your thread if you stop criticizing everyone for their grammar and spelling. Just a friendly suggestion.

11. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

I only criticize the negative ones. If someone calls me an "idiot" but clearly can't spell then I will make a not of that.

12. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Proofread bro. Proofread.

You called out BiggAW for proofreading even though he didn't say anything negative or call you names.

13. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

His message made no sense. "This is why we can't have nice things". Because I am watching netflix on a throttled plan he can't have nice things. HE should have read that twice and thought before deciding that THAT statement was what he wanted to say to the world.

----------

I'm not unemployed and I'm still watching at work. Shoot for the stars.

14. wpotere Guest

Who do you work for, maybe they would like to know how you are spending their time?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

15. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

My boss loves me. Netflix is nothing. I could drown puppies all day at my desk while the puppies' parents watched and my boss would still love me.

I bring in a LOT of money for my company.

16. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Get well soon, Dick Cheney. :D

17. mfr1340 macrumors regular

18. wpotere Guest

I bet if we actually tallied that up we would find that you actually don't. You are not a productive person if you are watching movies all day long. Nice try though... :rolleyes:

19. itjw macrumors 65816

I agree

I would spend time criticizing this thread, but I have to go drive my Ferrari home to my McMansion where my boss works as my butler rescuing the puppies pooleguy tries to drown...

Yep. This here internet makes ANYONE ten feet tall and bulletproof don't it?

And no, I didn't proofread...

:p

20. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I said what I wanted to say. It's sort of a sarcastic remark, but true in the sense that the reason AT&T got rid of unlimited and capped it was because of users like you who abusively use extreme quantities of data, and it's users like you who needlessly cause congestion (albeit probably not in your particular case, since we are swimming in bandwidth out here).

21. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

The great Netflix millionare. And he's only 12 years old. :p

22. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

This is great news! I personally don't go out of my way to rack up data(1.6GB used with eleven more days on the billing cycle), but it's nice to know I'll have little to worry about. If the bandwidth can still handle Netflix(I don't use it on the phone) it will easily handle my high quality Pandora streams.

23. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Seriously?

24. gluckett macrumors regular

Proofread bro, proofread... Just sayin' - if you're gonna call someone out on it, you better make sure yours are right too...

25. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

You got me. Auto correct strikes again and I did not proofread myself.