AT&T to cap Unlimited LTE at 10GB?

Block

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Does anybody have an AT&T unlimited LTE plan that can check OLAM to see if they are capped? I heard a rumor that AT&T has begun capping these plans and I want to check to see if it's true or not.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
We have yet to really figure out what the soft cap is for the throttling limit for the Unlimited.

I expect AT&T to follow Verizon in giving the LTE tiered people 4gigs.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
If you have an unlimited LTE data plan, you can check right now under OLAM.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Thanks! As one last check, can you look at the data usage on your bill to see if it still says unlimited.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
Thanks! As one last check, can you look at the data usage on your bill to see if it still says unlimited.

That it does:

LTE SMARTPHONE UNLIMITED PERSONAL ADD-ON $30.00 N/A Unlimited-Current

Obviously there are no guarantees it stays like this (uncapped) when apple decides to put LTE in their phones in the next 2-4yrs. However, I'm enjoying LTE without having to share it with all the iPhones. lol

NoHo

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
Why didn't people make a bigger fuss when the wireless companies started getting rid of unlimited plans?

The common consensus seemed to be, "Well, I don't use 2GB now, so I might as well save $5!" but you failed to realize that just because you don't use 2GB now doesn't mean you won't in the future.

Now everything is going to be capped and when all media goes digital data will be at a premium and the wireless companies will have you right where they want you.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Not that part. Under the actual data usage. Like where it says X kb out of Unlimited.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
I meant that I thought that number was in kb, hence why I said 10GB. :p

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
I meant that I thought that number was in kb, hence why I said 10GB. :p
Be interesting to see how long it takes before people complain about 10TB caps... Reaching 2GB over the air would have been an accomplishment ten years ago... :D

MBHockey

macrumors 68040
Oct 4, 2003
New York
Why didn't people make a bigger fuss when the wireless companies started getting rid of unlimited plans?

The common consensus seemed to be, "Well, I don't use 2GB now, so I might as well save $5!" but you failed to realize that just because you don't use 2GB now doesn't mean you won't in the future.

Now everything is going to be capped and when all media goes digital data will be at a premium and the wireless companies will have you right where they want you.
doesn't matter since they throttle you after 2 GB of data even if you are on "unlimited" anyway.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010

Why do people who do not have an Unlimited Plan seem upset with those who do?:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.