AT&T unlimited - AT&T app wired message

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Msegina, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Msegina macrumors newbie

Before I upgraded, in the AT&T app it showed unlimited data under my usage. After I upgraded I see this:

"you have the 9999GB plan. When you reach the limit for your billing period, an additional 1MB is automatically added at a cost of $2."

Now $2 is a lot per mb over my plan, but since I am no longer unlimited but limited at 9999GB I shouldn't be throttled :) !!!

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Can you post a screenshot of this? (sorry, it's the internet, we have to be skeptical). Also, what happens when you dial *3282# ?

Also, are you willing to try out using a bunch of data and tell us what happens? I am intrigued. :)

3. forza1976 macrumors regular

So you are worried about going over 10 terabytes? Seriously!!!! :rolleyes:

4. Msegina thread starter macrumors newbie

5. dgamer1 macrumors newbie

Mine shows this message.

Attached Files:

6. Msegina thread starter macrumors newbie

I wouldn't mind trying out large amounts of data fi AT&T got LTE up in my area. Just as of right now I am only on 4G(fauxG).

7. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Pfft. 9999GB? I could blow through that in an entire afternoon. :p

8. carrako macrumors regular

I have that same message but when I text *3282# I see 2 sets of Data that both say unlimited but the 2nd one says unlimited (deactivated)... Any clue what that means?

9. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

That is your old unlimited plan. At&t uses difference unlimited plans for each iPhone apparently. Unlimited data for iPhone, unlimited data for iPhone 4s, etc.

In my opinion it's just a way to get more money because you have to pay a prorated rate.

10. Msegina thread starter macrumors newbie

I am sure it's just a technical programming error, but still kinda funny.

I was just checking to make sure when ipgraded someone didn't screw up my unlimited plan. On the website I couldn't find where it said I had any data plan selected for my phone and got worried. So I checked the usage and saw this. At first I though it said 10gb, till I took the double take on it lol.

I'd give up my unlimited data for a 9999GB Plan for $30.

----------

Actually I think the old data plan was unlimited data for iPhone, where the new plan is unlimited LTE data plan for iPhone.

I don't see a difference but maybe the did this for marketing to determine how many users are using (or capable of) LTE vs 3G.

11. diegosilang macrumors member

I got the same message, definitely conflicting and confusing :confused:

12. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Everything up to the iPhone 4 was "Unlimited for iPhone", then it was changed to "Unlimited for iPhone 4s" and "2GB for iPhone 4s" etc.