AT&T Unlimited... is back on my account? Screw up on their part?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikethebigo, Oct 6, 2011.

1. mikethebigo, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

mikethebigo macrumors 68000

So I just went through a bit of a run around with AT&T. Bought a different phone with my upgrade, changed my phone number (which I guess resets the account), returned the phone, and went through a hassle of getting the upgrade reversed so I'd be eligible for the 4S preorder tonight.

That's all well and good. But what's weird is, I have the 4 GB DataPro tethering plan. I used to have unlimited, but switched to tethering and lost my unlimited option.

Now, when I look at my features, I'm set to "Data Unlimited for iPhone Enterprise" for $40/month. I also have the option to select the $30 unlimited iPhone plan again.

What the hell? Is AT&T bringing unlimited back? Or did my account just get so screwed up that I'm seeing options no one else gets anymore?

Pic below of my available data options through the AT&T website.

Attached Files:

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

3. specify macrumors regular

Weird, I don't see those options when I try to change the features on my number.

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Isn't that option just for "enterprise" customers (aka businesses that deploy iPhones to their employees)?

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

No change here:

Attached Files:

• att.jpg
      att.jpg
      File size:
      46.8 KB
      Views:
  6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Well that's unfortunate :( Not available for me. Am I'm on an enterprise FAN.

Attached Files:

7. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

I still have the original iPhone which I have kept due to the $20 unlimited data plan. I want to buy the new 4S because of iCloud, but I have been told I am no longer eligible for the unlimited plan! If there is an unlimited plan available for the 4S I will be buying on day 1. :)

8. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

9. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

It certainly should be. I have no idea why it's what's selected for me. The only thing I can think is, in the process of changing my number, reversing my upgrade eligibility, etc, someone on AT&T's end clicked the wrong thing or incorrectly transferred my account over to the new number.

It's bizarre. I want to switch it back to the $30 unlimited plan, but I'm afraid it might not let me and get more messed up :eek:

10. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

You are still elegible, whoever told you that you are not is full of BS, you are grandfathered into it. But with the 4s itll cost $30 instead of $20.

11. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Who told you that? I wouldn't trust the word of an AT&T phone rep. You should be eligible for grandfathering to a new unlimited 3G plan.

12. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

The system says above my data features this (attached):

I must have somehow been inadvertently reversed to unlimited. Well, this line is now like striking serious gold. Was regretting the 4 GB cap.

Attached Files:

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

No, he's not.

He's grandfathered in to the unlimited 2G plan ($20) that is only assigned to original iPhones.

He is not grandfathered in to unlimited 3G ($30) which is the only kind of unlimited plan that can be passed on to future iPhone models.

EDIT: It looks like the OP got lucky, but I don't believe AT&T was obligated to do that for him. Congrats!

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Dude unlimited data is not back on AT&T.
    Change that title.
    You're gonna make everyone log in their account or call AT&T only to waste their time.
    I know I just did.

15. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

Sorry. I made that title because I thought it was possible that it was like that for everyone. Let's see if I can edit the title.

Also, just successfully switched from enterprise unlimited to iPhone unlimited, the system let me do it without any problems. I think I'm going to go buy a lotto ticket.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're lucky.
    Nothing on my end.
    Would be nice though but no cigar:)

17. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

It might be because you had the unlimited plan before, and the computer is still seeing you as eligible since you had it in the past.

18. bellaisa macrumors regular

meh..unlimited is overrated for me..i just checked my usage and i barely hit 600MB per month..

19. deeddawg macrumors 604

Seriously!

For other folks -- I checked my account on OLAM, although my grandfathered unlimited data is there, on two other iphone lines (family members) it is not listed.

20. hawkizrok macrumors newbie

I have the same options that you showed in the OP. I am a 3g owner, so that's probably the common factor.

21. mikethebigo thread starter macrumors 68000

I didn't have my first iPhone until the 3GS though. I currently have an iPhone 4.

I upgrade every year.