AT&T Unlimited plan users?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lostngone, Sep 9, 2012.

1. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

I have read that the AT&T unlimited users will have to switch plans if they want to use FaceTime over cellular.

What other changes will they have to worry about when the new devices comes out? Do the unlimited* users get to keep their plan with 4G?
    Does the invisible cap get raised or do they just slam into it fast now?

Sorry if this has been already covered.

2. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

looks like they are letting people keep their plan.

its throttled at 3 gigs a month now on 3g. it will change to throttling at 5 gigs on lte.

im not changing my plan to use facetime over 3g. ill just jailbreak my phone and use it...

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here. I'm staying on unlimited forever.
    I'll keep using facebreak to FaceTime over cellular.

4. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

I bought a s3 and kept my unlimited data with LTE. facetime's not worth giving up your unlimited data plan. I've used it maybe 5 times in 2 years

5. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

Yep, that is my plan as well.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to take a while before a public jailbreak is released for the next iPhone. The iPhone 4S jailbreak took FOREVER... :mad:

6. acarney macrumors 6502

How do we know this? Is there any reports of other unlimited users on AT&T with droids or something moving to LTE, or is this just whispers and rumors from people that claim to be "in the know" ?

I'll be very excited if this is the case! I've been gambling on LTE working with big data a little better and them being able to up the cap a little or at least change the throttle to 3G speeds or something that's useable.

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

I will never get rid of my unlimited data plan. I'll take throttling after 5GB over paying an overage of $15/1GB to AT&T any day.