AT&T Upgrade Eligibility Reversal/Reset

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SteefJop, Nov 8, 2012.

1. SteefJop macrumors newbie

I recently returned my iPhone 5 to the Apple Store Online. How long does it normally take for my AT&T upgrade eligibility to be reversed? Is there anything I can do to expedite the process?

2. jz7410 macrumors member

oh boy you r in for a treat. I returned mine 2 fridays ago to the apple store, waited until friday night checked my upgrade and it still hadnt reversed. call att told me i could go to a store and it would be reversed today or they would process it and it would take 48-72 hours, anyway they didnt process my claim until monday, didnt update by weds which is when it should have. Found the phone in stock that i wanted thurs and my upgrade date still wasnt fixed. After an hour at att store & att on the phone i finally got them to ok my upgrade... major headache

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yikes to jz7410. Assuming this is your first or second reversal, it is supposed to take at least 24 hours from a third party (but it won't surprise me if it takes longer). What I don't know is when the clock starts if you had to ship the phone back. You can call AT&T and get more information or a possible adjustment.

4. ScottJ macrumors regular

A couple of weeks ago I returned my iPhone 5 to a retail Apple Store. I had AT&T Customer Service online as I did the return and the upgrade eligibility reset as I waited.

5. jumperdono macrumors newbie

Assuming this is your first or second reversal[​IMG]

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I returned my iPhone 5 and went to AT&T afterwards. 15 minutes later, my account was reset.