AT&T vs. Verizon in NYC: HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gshox, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Gshox macrumors regular

I have Verizon currently. It sucks in my house. Its decent everywhere else. How is each respective carrier for you?

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

They all suck. I've been with AT&T for many years and they are abysmal once you get into the great canyons in midtown. Pick your poison.

3. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I'm switching from AT&T to Verizon. AT&T doesn't work at my desk at work or my home. Verizon's LTE coverage is also way more widespread in NYC area. They're about the same in Manhattan and Queens (I live on LI), but as soon as you get to the suburbs, AT&T LTE is gone but Verizon keeps going. You can look at the coverage maps and see for yourself.

4. Vengeful macrumors member

Vengeful

Both Verizon and Att lte service are great in midtown Manhattan for me, Verizon has more reception range in buildings for me though and Att has faster lte.

Different story when it comes to 3g though. Att can get pretty bad especially in a heavy populated area. No problems with Verizon.

5. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Also, you can get a Microcell for AT&T. That's what I did at home. I may have to do the same thing for Verizon depending on my coverage at home. I live in a hole and nothing works well.

6. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

7. Sebrina macrumors member

AT&T on Staten Island, 4G everywhere and I've never been below 4 bars. Again this doesn't reflect what might be in Manhattan but I do primarily get signal from a tower in lower Manhattan since I live right off the ferry that goes into the city.

I would try both you have 15 days to cancel if you change your mind.