AT&T vs Verizon LTE Speed & Coverage (Tampa Bay)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Love Juice, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Love Juice macrumors regular

I'm thinking of ditching AT&T for Verizon, but I was wondering how the two compared speed wise in Tampa Bay?

I'm trying to decide between plan models, and it looks like either Verizon's 2GB share everything for $100 or AT&T 3GB individual plan of 450m w/ unlimited txt & m2m mins for $90 would work best. If Verizon as better LTE speed & coverage, is it worth having unlimited mins for 1GB less?

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I don't know about LTE however when we go to Spring Training every year my AT&T iPhone 4S performs very well. Voice is great and data is super fast. I'm assuming AT&T LTE would do just as well.

We live in Philly and I've said that if Philly never gets LTE I would still be happy with the way my AT&T 4S performs. Pretty much rock solid.

To me AT&T in Tampa/Clearwater is rock solid.

3. Love Juice thread starter macrumors regular

3G has been generally good with the exception for a few problem areas, and downtown Tampa is great since all carriers upgraded everything ahead of the RNC which was in town. I've been happy with AT&T since jumping from Tmo when the original iPhone was out, but then again, I was happy w/ TMo even though tons of people complain about them too lol.

Btw, I was just by Brighthouse Field in Clearwater yesterday and went to Delco's Originals for a cheesesteak :) Check them out next time your in town (if you haven't already) for spring training. They are supposedly the closest thing to a true Philly cheesesteak around and even has Amoroso's Rolls :))