At&t walk in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adox, Sep 18, 2012.

1. adox macrumors newbie

I just visited my local at&t store, and upon talking to the manager and asking if there would be any stock for walk ins he said no, this seems odd, how valid is this ? I understand they cant make guarantees but no phones what so ever ?

2. 6mtg37s macrumors member

3. adox thread starter macrumors newbie

nearest one is a half hour away, and I doubt ill have a better chance :(

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Sounds like someone new. Having multiple lines and smartphones, I've got a great rapport with the manager of the local AT&T store. They have a large supply each year.

This year he sent me an email to let me know that if anyone who chose not to pre-order wanted to come in, he expects to have enough to last several hours. Last year they opened at 8 AM and had new iPhone's until just after 1 PM.

5. adox thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats what I thought, it doesnt make sense to only have enough for people who pro ordered, I am almost certain I will get one; however it is a smaller store but I plan on getting there around 3-4 am to be safe
    :)

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I think that manager is wrong, or that store is on the master ***** list.

7. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

Closet Apple store is 40 mins away from me. Going to call them before I head out.

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Why drive so far to stand in line?

The phone you buy is exactly the same no matter where you buy it. You could go to a carrier, stand in a shorter line, and get done faster by staying local.

The "Apple Store Experience" is not fun on launch day. It's rush, rush, rush.

9. adox thread starter macrumors newbie

I am lucky with in 5 miles I have 2 at&t stores, a best buy, target, 2 walmarts and a radio shack :cool:

10. xFierce macrumors newbie

Radioshack & Walmart are both pre-order only. You're expected to drop a non-refundable deposit. Target hasn't officially announced the iPhone 5. And Best Buy has not given a word on if they will ship iPhone 5 the same day as the release day.

11. handinhand12 macrumors newbie

I disagree. While I wouldn't drive out of my way to go to an Apple Store at launch if I had a carrier closer to me, I've always had really good experiences at Apple Store launches. The staff is always super friendly and everybody in line is very pleasant. They usually get us free coffee and sometime donuts too so that's a nice touch. I've never experienced the rush, rush, rush aspect of it. There's always a TON of employees and they make sure they do things right at my store.

12. CiFi macrumors newbie

13. adox thread starter macrumors newbie

bummer, oh well I don't mind waking up in the early hours of the day to purchase a device i have been waiting for for over a year :)

14. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

I would, but there is only one AT&T where I live. Hopefully AT&T will have lots of iPhone 5s' in their store.

15. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My area has three Apple stores. I didn't say it was bad, I said it wasn't fun. The largest store is just a few miles from home. It's a very large city & launch day lines are hundreds people long. In order to insure everyone gets a phone the pace is fast. Despite approx a 200% increase in staff its just jammed.

16. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

I have two AT&T stores around me and plan on going to one of them right around opening time as last year I was able to get one on launch day at like 4:30-5PM after camping outside my local Apple store for hours only to find I couldn't get one for a reason I can't remember.

The sitting outside of Apple was quite fun. Great people there and while we didn't get any free food or drink, there was a ton of staff and they were all quite nice and at least seemingly enthusiastic.