Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

If I was there I sure would.
If all they do is say check out this new camera and faster processor....I would boo. Would love to see it happen.

But obviously I'd love the 5 specs....but shove a 4s up your @$$ apple

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
If all they do is say check out this new camera and faster processor....I would boo. Would love to see it happen.

The event is attended most by journalists, some even professional ones, not people of your ilk.

DeaconGTG

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
Besides, they can always say "And one more thing!" and pull out the 5.

That's what I would love. Have Tim announce a 4s and watch the bloggers all start to nerd rage. Then at the last minute Steve shows up and says "one more thing... here's the iPhone 5."

AIP5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
I don't think there'll be boos, precisely because the audience is professional and made up of fanboys and journalists... but there might be an awkward silence. Like how there was when they said the full plastic back for the 3G, and how they were keeping the design the same for the 3GS.

(Actually... didn't someone shout Verizon when SJ was having trouble with the iPhone 4 Wifi? That was kinda funny, not going to lie).

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Besides, they can always say "And one more thing!" and pull out the 5.

Exactly - there's no way people whould KNOW to boo even if they would normally do so because a 4s announcement would come first, so no one will know if the iPhone 5 is still coming later in the presentation.

Tony

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

So a processor upgrade/new camera isn't worth it? I bet you're the type of person who would buy a physically redesigned iPhone 5 that had the same internals as the iPhone 4.

The iPhone is going to turn into an iMac in terms of design. At some point, the design will become so minimalist that there's going to be nothing more than spec upgrades.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
The event is attended most by journalists, some even professional ones, not people of your ilk.

At most Keynotes (not counting WWDC), aren't the people clapping always Apple employees located in the first 3-5 rows?

Every time I've seen a video of the keynote, the Journalist/bloggers are always typing away and have no time to react (by clapping or booing).

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
So a processor upgrade/new camera isn't worth it? I bet you're the type of person who would buy a physically redesigned iPhone 5 that had the same internals as the iPhone 4.

The iPhone is going to turn into an iMac in terms of design. At some point, the design will become so minimalist that there's going to be nothing more than spec upgrades.

It's not about design - it's about screen size. Big difference. With an iMac you have screen size choices. With an iPhone you do not.

Tony

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
It will have an Apple logo on it, and it will sell. Everything else is meaningless.

After all this is the type of environment where people are accused of being "spec whores"... a really classy comment from those "in the know".

Ayman250

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
USA
Based on the audience there will be an awkward silence however there will probably be a few fanboys screaming when they see the logo.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
At most Keynotes (not counting WWDC), aren't the people clapping always Apple employees located in the first 3-5 rows?

Every time I've seen a video of the keynote, the Journalist/bloggers are always typing away and have no time to react (by clapping or booing).

I wish those Apple employees would **** with their fake cheering/clapping like mindless idiots. Really tacky in my opinion...

pittman87

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Why would anyone boo? Because they're disappointed? Let's say when they announce a new iPhone that it's the same design just with upgraded internals. People are going to **** bricks. Apple never promised anybody a new design. People get wound up over all the rumors out there. Instead of being pissed that Apple didn't release a completely redesigned phone, try saying, "I wish they would've announced a new design, but the upgraded spec 4S would be a great phone for someone looking to switch to a new device." I'm happy with my current iPhone 4. It far surpasses most phones in design and usability.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
I wish those Apple employees would **** with their fake cheering/clapping like mindless idiots. Really tacky in my opinion...

Imagine your hard work being finally showcased to the world, wouldn't you clap for that?

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2007

They would hear my money going to a Samsung Galaxy s2.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
That's what I would love. Have Tim announce a 4s and watch the bloggers all start to nerd rage. Then at the last minute Steve shows up and says "one more thing... here's the iPhone 5."

that's definitely not gonna happen.

I've owned every iPhone and love each one, but there's not gonna be any "really cool" surprise.

The only thing that has stood out at all of the iPhone events that was REALLY cool was Retina Display.

Front camera, faster, thinner, etc are all features that should be standard.

----------

It's too bad though because I'd love if Apple blew everyone out the water, but we'll just be getting a souped up iPhone 4 that's faster and a better camera with more carrier support. 16 months+ to make...

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Imagine your hard work being finally showcased to the world, wouldn't you clap for that?

Nope, I'm not that tacky...

Watch Samsung/Htc/Motorola/LG events. They have a little self respect not to have some fake cheerleader section. You might as well have a person who holds up "clap" and "cheer" signs like on those old tv shows :rolleyes:

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I will definitely be mad. A design change is definitely necessary. As for all the spec hoes, a processor upgrade won't really show much difference, the iPhone 4 is already quick as hell and an upgrade to 8mp without a larger sensor will actually decrease image quality. The only thing the iPhone 5 NEEDS is a RAM upgrade but I'm not saying I would mind a processor upgrade....But if they keep te sensor at 1.75um and up the megapixels to 8, I'm gonna be pissed.

----------

Nope, I'm not that tacky...

Watch Samsung/Htc/Motorola/LG events. They have a little self respect not to have some fake cheerleader section. You might as well have a person who holds up "clap" and "cheer" signs like on those old tv shows :rolleyes:

They are showin self respect by clapping. Maybe their a bit over the top, but I'm sure they aren't told "cheer at the top of your lungs".

Besides, few people at Apple actually see products before their launch. For some of them, it's probably their first time seeing the device as well. Not all though, I'm aware of that.

jamied95

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009

I see your point, but they're two different markets - new features are constantly being added which change the design, etc. A computer is a computer, it has room in it to fit new bits and bobs in, and there aren't as many people buying them.

In times of old, every new upgrade meant a brand new looking phone, a brand new OS, etc. This appeals to a lot of people because they don't have to learn it again, but for the younger generation, it can get kinda stale - I know someone today who got excited over the inverted colours accessibility feature, just because it was different.

For the average consumer, why would they see the point in upgrading from a phone to another one that looks identical? Apple make a big point of not emphasising specs, they can't now just go and sell a phone, thats $100 more, just because it's got a faster processor, even I can't see the point of getting myself in contract hell for just that. Obviously that will be different for some people, but current iPhone 4 owners, of which there are a lot more than there were 3G owners, why would they upgrade? Apple have to keep changing their phone, keep it fresh, keep it new, or else people will get bored.

Well, that's what would happen with any other brand. I'm sure an iPhone 4S would still sell in bucket loads.

I honestly hope they bring out a completing revised version, I obviously won't change to Android or WP7, because I'm so firmly implanted in the Apple ecosystem, and love it, having upgrade to the new one every time, but for just a 4S, I'm not feeling it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.