At the risk of tempting the Fates...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tmgarvey, Sep 29, 2012.

1. tmgarvey macrumors member

Looks like I've been seriously lucky.

This is my very first iPhone--I've used Blackberrys for years, which was hunky-dory up until I bought my first MacBook (first Mac ever) and an iPad, which caused no end of annoyances in the email department (one of the primary reasons for my having a smartphone to begin with). So I had pretty much decided to switch to iPhone (on the assumption it would play more nicely with my other Apple devices), but was waiting for the iPhone 5.

I did not pre-order, figuring if they sold out the first day more would be in within a matter of days. LOL, silly me.

After a few days and many phone calls with everybody saying they did not have the model I wanted in stock (white 32 from AT&T), I found ONE Best Buy, 45 minutes away, that had it in stock. Only one, though. Jumped in the car and tore down there, arriving just as the clerk was trying to sell it to a guy who had his heart set on black. They happily let me buy it.

So far, the phone appears to be perfect. (This is the tempting fate part.) I am totally thrilled with the email functionality, and already owning an iPad, the learning curve hasn't been too steep. The battery life doesn't seem great, but I've been messing with it a lot, and it may take some time to calibrate.

I had one small issue with setting up the email, which was quickly handled by a call to Apple support.

Not posting to gloat, but I think I am loving this phone.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Just kidding, glad you like it.

Attached Files:

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

that is beyond awesome.

4. lionqueen macrumors 6502

Loving mine too. Cant stop playing with it :) kinda wish I'd gone black, tho.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have to agree, this made me laugh big time.

6. HazyCloud, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Once you go black, you...ah the hell with it. You guys know the rest. FYI, you usually get 30 days from ATT or 14 days from VZ & Sprint to return a phone and 30 days from Apple.

7. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

You got that backwards:eek:

8. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

What? The return times? If so, why didn't you post the correct ones? :eek:

EDIT* I was wrong about Apple's.

From Apple's Site:

If you are not fully satisfied with your iPhone purchase, you can return your undamaged iPhone to the Apple Online Store (1-800-MY-APPLE), or to a U.S. Apple Store, within 30 calendar days from shipment for a full refund. If you return your iPhone within 30 calendar days from shipment, you will not be charged a restocking fee. Your iPhone must be returned in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, and documentation.

9. tmgarvey thread starter macrumors member

I never imagined buying a white phone, but this one is so pretty. I'll admit I was also thinking about wear marks/scratches, but after you get over the initial shock of seeing a white phone in your hands (with a nice trim around the bezel from the case I selected), it really does grow on you.

10. ROLLTIDE1, Sep 29, 2012

ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Apple 30 days

Carrier 14 days

11. tmgarvey thread starter macrumors member

12. HazyCloud, Sep 29, 2012

HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

That's not necessary.

AT&T's policy - 30 days link

Sprint's policy - 14 days link

Verizon's policy - 14 days link

EDIT* Glad to see you had second thoughts on posting the paint chips comment.