At this point, is it better to order online from Apple or go to a store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applefan289, Oct 14, 2011.

1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I want to buy the iPhone 4S. My idea has been to let everything cool down for a few months and walk into the store and buy it. But I'm growing impatient considering this is my first smartphone and I really want it.

Do I have a better chance of getting it earlier at this point by ordering online with Apple or walking into a store in a few weeks?

2. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

You have a better chance of walking into a store TODAY!!! Everyone is reporting small or no lines. Get out the door and go get your phone!

Try different stores if you don't have any luck: carrier store, Apple store, Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc.

3. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Yep, I would guess if you can hit a store location before 5pm or so, you could probably get whatever you want right now.

Otherwise, I'd guess early next week.

4. BowTheMan89 macrumors regular

I agree, go to the store. I was in a line of about 100 people only to find out that i needed my mom (embarassing because im 22) to be there becuase i was switching from my own account onto a family plan. :apple: made me get out of line, i got nervous. i came back about an hour later to find the line completely gone, with a stack about 3 feet high and 6 feet wide at the back of the store. Go ASAP, you will get it today

5. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow! There must be a "pocket" of no people on launch day?