AT&T's monthly international date plan (200MB) equals price of new iPhone 4 16 Gig

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dnabb, Jun 30, 2010.

1. dnabb macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2010
    I have been wondering for some time why more people do not complain about AT&T's international data plans. I know you can travel abroad and switch out your sim card to a local network. AT&T also knows that. However, AT&T still limits its international data plans to 200MB of data a month. In one hour you could go over that multiple times if you knew what you were doing. Why does AT&T charged an additional 200 dollars a month to give you 200MB abroad per month? Where does that number come from? How can the data charge for one month equal the price of a new phone? Why does everyone put up with such an awful deal? Is it because more business people use blackberry's? I think more people need to complain to AT&T about this. You can buy a new I4 16 gig for 200!

$199.99/month: 200 MB Data Global Add-On gives you 200 MB of usage within more than 90 countries
  2. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

Jun 24, 2009
    They are likely just sticking it too large business that HAVE to have people with international data - i.e. their CEO in London must check his email on the road.
  3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    If you are really going to spend that much time international, why not just get another phone or a sim? I don't think their international rates are that far off from every other provider anyway.
  4. dnabb thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 23, 2010
    Maybe every other summer I spend a month in Europe

I am not going to buy a phone with an international sim card (outside US) just to use once every two years. However, it would be nice to take the phone abroad when I do, and it would be easier just to pay AT&T than to get a different sim card. That being said, I would never pay $200 for 200MB...a dollar per megabyte??? Ill just get a different sim card when I have to. Really just wondering why is has to be that way.