AT&T's tricks

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by ions, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ions macrumors newbie

"AT&T is a big Looter"
    1. If I have to download a High Def movie or few tv shows on the go using 3G network, I will exceed the 2GB data plan with a blink of an eye. The primary goal using iTunes is you can watch, buy, download anything on the go. How is this justified here? Does it mean that a 2GB movie downloaded would cost me 25dollars? Their extension offer is 10 dollars for 1GB used. If I download two movies each of 2GB then it would cost 45 dollars. Does it make any freaking sense? This is without using Maps, or any other application.
    2. At&T claims that 98% of the people using their 3G network do not exceed 2GB data per month. If people are not exceeding 2GB, then why did they remove unlimited plan. What difference does it make for them if people are not exceeding? Such a pathetic liars. AT&T CEO might have asked his team: what is a good number between 90 and 100 to convince people. The answers go: 95, 96 ,91, 98. Stop there, I like 98. Lets pin on 98% so that people would believe.
    The primary purpose of making and getting phone calls is not served by AT&T but they come with idiotic plans. I am a loyal apple fan, but I am unable to buy an iphone 4 because I do not get network in my office. Verizon and Sprint comes with more than 3 bars. AT&T store is there in the same complex as my office but there is no network.
    Such a pathetic losers.

2. jsgreen macrumors 6502

I can understand your frustration, but check your facts first: You wouldn't be able to download a 2Gb file anyway - I think 20Mb is the max the iPhone allows over 3G - which makes sense; 2Gb should be downloaded via wifi instead (with no impact on your data usage).

3. spades1412 macrumors 6502

You have options my friend. Choose something that works better for you!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You even know how long it will take to try to download a few high def movies or tv shows over 3G? And do you think its practical? Your battery would die twice before you get to finish downloading it never mind watching.
    Or you just misinformed and like to cry for no reason?
    Guess what, Verizon and pretty much most wireless providers will put limits on the amount of data you can use soon.
    You dont like AT&T, switch thats all.
    Getting sick of all these newbies registering and doing nothing but complaining and whining about everything. Like anything is going to change if you cry about it here.....
    You dont like it, dont buy it thats all.
    And next time post it in the correct forum.

5. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

People who whine about AT&T like this just piss me off. First of all, you can't download HD movies over 3G. Verizon and T-Mobile won't let you either. Second, the new data plans instated by AT&T were mostly to weed out the abusers who tether illegally to their phones and use them as their home internet connections, for example. Those who do hurt all of us because 3G data isn't made to provide data to desktop computers all of the time.

If it's that bad, get rid of your iPhone and go to Verizon. You'll notice it is you who is being unreasonable, not the company.

6. ions thread starter macrumors newbie

Dear Applejuiced:
    I apologize for the wrong information that I got about downloading stuff over the air. It does not matter to me if Verizon comes with limited data plans.
    With all due respect, I was having issues primarily with ATT because I am unable to buy an iPhone4 because I do not get network in my office, with ATT store being in the same complex of my office. I do not know why you made personal comments here. I was having issues with ATT but not you. But you wanted to make personal comments.
    If your logic: "if you don't like it, don't buy it" is correct, "if you did not like my post, why did you bother to reply???". Does the logic change from you and me? Please do not give comments against me. I was not aiming any person in my post.

7. ions thread starter macrumors newbie

Dear AHDuke 99:
    If tethering is the primary problem, then ATT should make more steps in eliminating them. No matter what is the case, there should not be any illegal means. My question was, ATT posted a statistic that 98% of its customers do not exceed 2GB data plan. If they do not exceed 2GB data, why do they have to put a limit?
    My issue was not to get rid of iPhone but to buy an iPhone 4. My office is in the same complex of ATT office but I do not get network. I have every right to talk about issues as a consumer but I do not have any right to make personal comments. I believe the logic is true for everyone.
    With all due respect, no personal comments please. I was explaining my issues with ATT but was not aiming at anyone.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Dear ions:

The members of this board are sick and tired of new members showing up and posting the same complaints over and over again. If the phone and its issues don't work for you, don't buy one. Your rant is no more significant than the 872 that came before it.