At what point is you imac a lemon? 3 major genius bar visits in two weeks qualify?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mellofello, Feb 12, 2012.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

Tomm I will be unplugging my 30 lb imac, carrying it down two flights of stairs, nervously load it onto a cart, walk a block to my car, super carefully load it into my car, then drive half an hour, unload it two blocks from a busy mall and taking it into the Apple store, for the third time in two weeks :mad::mad::mad:. This is BS. First my logic board went bad, then my harddrive crashed, now it is getting a kernal panic every 15 minutes, and absolutely freezing to the point of hard reboot.

I demand a new computer this time. Is there anything I can do to have them just give me a new refurb imac? This has been a huge hassle, and cost us a huge amount of downtime right while we are in the middle of a big project.

I really can't afford for this to be broken anymore. Has anyone had luck with the geniuses just getting a total replacement, instead of chasing a problem they don't seem to be able to isolate?

I am intending on buying a second imac and returning it if they need to keep it again.

Sorry for the rant but this is the worst apple experience that I have had in the years I have been dealing with them. I am not specifically mad at the geniuses, and this could just be bad timing, but it really is time for them to just take my machine back, and give me a new one.

2. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Same situation. Explain the situation and how you don't want to come back again.

Let us know how you get on

3. camardelle macrumors 6502

Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm lucky and haven't had any issues with my macs but would like to hear how this turns out for you. Good luck today.

4. 88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

In the UK, if a product develops a fault within 21 days, the customer has the right to demand a full refund or exchange.

I'm not sure how consumer law works in your area, but I'd phone Apple Care 1st and ask for a new replacement at your local Apple store. Apple has no right to refuse either a full refund or new exchange after the problems you had. Also don't settle for a refurbished imac since you paid for a brand new one not fit for use.

Good luck.