Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fradac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Atlanta, GA
hello everyone,

i just got my first MAC :), after lusting and using others macs, and getting many converted over to the mac, i finally had enough money to get myself a 15in Powerbook.

i have a question, i saw ATI makes this adaptor, as tht 15inPowerbook has a full DVI port, you think it will work? is anyone already using this?

http://buy.ati.com/shopati/product....ption=Accessories&find_part_desc=&country=USA

please advise me

regards

Gandharv

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
This is used to hook up your computer to a HDTV display, basically so you can use your HDTV as a monitor. I have never talked to anyone using this, but I would think that you need special drivers, and the supported card. If you have the newer pbooks with the mobile 9700 then it might work, but then again you might need the right drivers. If I were you I would call ATI and see what they say.

BTW, does anyone have any advice as to hooking up a 23" cinema display for HDTV viewing, is it as simple as using a ADC to DVI converter in hooking the display into the DVI out of the HDTV decoder box?

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
I've hooked up my Pioneer TV to my Powermac by DVI, I doubt it counts as true HDTV, but it was 1280x768, looks nice, good for games :D.

attachment.php

I just got a DVI-VGA cable which gives me the nice resolution at good quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.