Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NarKEd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
I have a quicksilver witth a geforce 2 mx graphics card, I was going to buy an ati readeon 9000 pro to upgrade my card but I noticed it said it requires an adc enabled mac. I use an apple flat monitor display and i want to be sure that its going to work on my machine.

NarKEd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
733 mhz.
Im asking because its says some g4's dont offer the extrapower the ati card needs to support the adc

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
I guess you want to improve gaming graphics? if so you will gain a resolution but you wont gain frames and a little more eye candy. reason i ask is i went from a 2mx to geforce 3 and gained a resolution and a little more eye candy. best improvement was putting in the 1.4 owc. that jumped up my framerates big time.

NarKEd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
I want to improve maya, not interested in gaming at all. when I open some scenes its almoust imposible to move. so Im hoping withg that card it would be better.

Im gpoing to buy a g5 but Im waiting for the new ones. but I need to work with some files now anf thats why I want the card

boobers

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2002
i did this very upgrade

733 QS with an ATI 9000 pro
Works fine, no problems so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.