Atlanta AT&T network slow as hell right now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Siciliano611, May 10, 2011.

1. Siciliano611 macrumors regular

ever since I came into work this morning the AT&T data network has been ridiculously slow, barely can load a webpage or refresh twitter....anyone else in metro atlanta experiencing this?

2. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

I noticed it yesterday being that way while I was down near the Mall of Georgia shopping, but I'm not in that area today. I couldn't access the data network at all yesterday, and it lasted pretty much all day.

3. Siciliano611 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm about 15 minutes from there in Gwinnett county...wonder if there is some problems with towers over on this side of ATL

4. Hobbes. macrumors regular

Didn't really notice since i've been in my office all day in Marietta...

Anyways just ran the speedtest and my att 3G is looking like this 4 bars:

1.78Mbps download
    .35 Mbps Upload.

5. friedduck macrumors newbie

Jumping in this conversation late. I've had problems for the last couple of weeks at various places around Atlanta. I don't know what changed but suddenly data speeds have slowed to a crawl.

Downtown I'm getting 0.00 to 0.20 down, and roughly the same going up. Ping times are all over the place. At home or any place that's not congested I still get decent speeds. From 1.5 to 3.5Mpbs down and 0.50 to 1.25Mpbs up. (Better than DSL in some spots.)

If it were just one day it'd be no big deal but it's been persistent and also affecting my ability to place calls. I hope it's just an errant update.

Jeff

6. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

In GA as well, my 3G didn't work, but edge did.

7. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)