Atlanta man threatens to make two local gay bars ‘the next Orlando’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 15, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://thegavoice.com/atlanta-man-threatens-make-two-local-gay-bars-next-orlando/
    OK, Whisky Tango Foxtrot is going on? CA guy arrested was gay, Orlando shooter was gay, the news reporter who shot his co-workers was gay. what is going on? why are these people turning on their own?

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I can only imagine the kind of emotional trauma some gays must go through. Hateful rhetoric being spewed out from religious leaders, politicians, and often their own families.

Monsters aren't born. They're made.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Why would gay people be immune to having nuts among them? It sure doesn't help when you have a ******** of politicians working and speaking out against your rights, some clergy who damn them to hell publicly, a quarter the population that hates them and the fact that they can be fired from their job because of who they are in a ridiculous number of states.

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Make a single anti-gay tweet and its national news. Preach regular virulent anti-gay sermons from an Orlando mosque and--LOOK! A SQUIRREL!!

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I can understand that, but WHY take it out on their own communities?

8. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Possibly because it is a reminder to them of their own "impurity"?

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Mosques have no monopoly on that ****.

10. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Tell me honestly: did you give a rats *** when multiple [former] GOP candidates attended the virulent anti-gay sermon from a Chrisitan pastor last year?

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Cruz, Jindal and Huckabee. A kill the gays sermon at a presidential candidate event.

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

To be honest, I really didn't think much of it but I sure as hell heard about it.

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

what about the christian preachers preaching anti gay stuff including death? we don't see that on the main news either.

14. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Interesting. James Wesley Howell is gay himself, and a gun enthusiast.

Armed man arrested in California wasn't allowed to have guns

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e88b...ndiana-man-arrested-california-guns-chemicals

Twice within four days last October he was accused of pulling a gun and making threats. The first incident involved Howell's then-boyfriend and the second a neighbor, identified in police records as Jeremy Hebert.

Howell's ex-boyfriend, Richard Hambrick, described Howell as "explosive."

"He's got a lot of anger problems," Hambrick said.​

Perhaps he traveled to California to peacefully attend the pride event and brought his guns as protection since he was traveling out of state across the country and felt he needed to be armed to feel safe, as many gun owners and enthusiasts often do.

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

James needs to have his guns confiscated

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I already explained that...perhaps they couldn't get dates. The gay community doesn't like to talk about this, but a lot of people are marginalized even within our own community. Not butch enough. Not hot enough. Not muscled enough...it can be very superficial sometimes. So it really wouldn't surprise me if such rejection is where some of this comes from.

You make way too many excuses for the guy.

17. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

18. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Made, then endorsed by the apologist.

19. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

of course you missed the black hood and handcuffs.

20. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I get what you're saying but that certainly isn't just a gay thing. I think that's just a dating thing. We just have a smaller pool to choose from so it seems more prevalent.

As for gay people turning against their own, it's ripe for an interesting discussion.

I would start with societal reasons, including being made to feel ashamed and different at a young age. How many "homophobic" politicians have gotten caught with their pants down so to speak? There is also a history of gay bashing done by people still coming to terms with their own sexuality. I said this in another thread, but it's fighting something they are scared to become themselves.

This is why Pride events and positive representation in TV and movies is so important. They're meant to show people that we're not as different or scary as we're made out to be.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I could not get dates either when growing up, never thought about killing others over it, thank god for the sheep fields.......

22. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Lucky you the statute of limitations ran out on that.

23. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

How would that be out of the ordinary at a pride event? You got peeps running around in bondage gear.

24. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Way too many excuses? I think this was my first comment where I made any excuse.

25. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

So why lash out at gays?