ATT, America's worst business, world's ********* company.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jian, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jian, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012

jian macrumors regular

I don't know what's going on in their executives' mind. I mean, sure, a business is always looking for profit, but a good business should have done it in a way where the customers would love to give them their money. Like Apple, I have countless Apple products - that includes 3 top of the line Macs, iPads, about 6 iPods (most of them were gifts, however) Apple TV, TC, and others and etc. I spent tons of money on Apple but I'm not regretting it. Whereas ATT, I have a very strong feel about not giving them A PENNY, and this is bad.

Here is why. First of all, it cost me about 120 per month, just to have an iPhone and a normal phone on the plan. 450 min sharing, and over all I have about nearly 4k rollovers. Unlimited text and the worthless unlimited data (since you really getting only 3Gbs and after that, your internet is unusable.

After the pricing, it's their abusive policies. I can't use FaceTime over the cellular? I can't let my Laptop to borrow that data I purchased? give me a break. So you're saying that I can buy a house but to live in there I have to pay rent per month? or is it more like, I can buy a TV to have it set up in my living room, but if I want to move it to my bedroom, I have to pay the hotspot fee too? I couldn't lololololololol more. Sure, you can limit it on those who are on the grandfathered plans, and throttles them down when they reach 3Gbs of data, but having it limited to only Mobile Share/hotspot subscribers is a ****ed up policy, you will get sued.

That brings us to the 3Gb data throttling cap. So I signed my 2 year contract and I renew it every year if not every other year. I honor my contract by paying this f..king expensive bill every month, and I expect you to honor what you advertised, that is truly unlimited datas. I couldn't care less about all those hidden policy in the contract. Yes, I know in the business world, that's how you do business, but in reality, nobody reads contract when signing a phone, a software, and etc. If you put by signing this contract you agree to be our slave forever in the contract, does it make it legal? no.

I remember it was when ATT announced that FaceTime will be available to MobileShare users only, I filed a complaint with the FCC against them. Weeks later, I got a call from ATT. The guy basically said, to avoid throttling, you need to go to the 3Gb per month plan, it cost the same on your end and you just pay 15 more if you ever reach that limit, you never have to worried about throttling anymore. He spent a good 30 min. trying to convince me to switch right there. When I mentioned about FaceTime, which was the REAL ISSUE THAT I COMPLAINT ABOUT, he briefly said will you can use it if you're on Mobile Share. And then, literally, he went, "Again, I am just calling to let you know we did received your complaint with FCC and we appreciate your feedback" and he hung up. trolled, huh?

Yesterday, I called ATT regarding the new upgrade eligibility, I asked why I was able to upgrade every year without the early upgrade fee, but this year I am looking at 450 for an upgrade? the lady said, "well you shouldn't be able to get new iphone every year, now I don't even wanna ask why would the previous sales people did that for you." LOL, excuse me? I told her, I don't get when she meant by did that for me, because I've ordered all my iPhones on Apple's website.

Clearly, ATT doesn't know how to do business. I'd rather go with Verizon once I finish my contract, and hopefully I get more respect there. I don't usually care for the money, as long as I get the quality of what I am paying for, and sure, I do get good service qualities (besides the limitations such as throttling and FaceTime), but you and your sales team makes me feel sick and makes me feel like your bitch. You're not making businesses with me, you're taking advantages of me. You're abusing me. **** you att.

2. articulatefool, Sep 13, 2012

articulatefool macrumors regular

Go on. Let it all out.

3. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Can you please summarize your complaints into a much smaller post?

4. greytmom, Sep 13, 2012

greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Did you actually send this to AT&T? If not, I'm not sure they'll actually see it here.

5. satchow, Sep 13, 2012

satchow macrumors 6502

Try Verizon or Sprint.

6. jian thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. the last paragraph is the summarization. Above that, each paragraph is a reason why I hate att:cool::cool:

----------

I did post the link to this page to ATT's facebook page. However, IDK how to send this to ATT, officially. Any idea?

7. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Verizon is just as bad, and more expensive if it's just a single line. Welcome to wireless in America. Just pick one of the evils and live with it. You want the blue evil or the red evil? Sure, you could get Sprint, if you enjoy horrendous data speeds and a pretty much nonexistent LTE market. T-Mobile is an option too, if you want to be stuck on EDGE all the time and have no service outside of cities. You could also buy unlocked and go with a carrier like Straight Talk; but it won't be with the iPhone 5 because thanks to Apple it has a Nano-SIM now and ST doesn't offer Nano-SIMs.

8. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Well, this is a stretch, and may not work, but I'd suggest going to their website and clicking on the "contact us" link.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Good luck keeping your unlimited data or getting an early iPhone upgrade for a fee after 12 months over there. Verizon actually enforces the 24 month contracts.

10. ace198 macrumors regular

You know Verizon isn't as lenient(or at all) on rolling up the early upgrades so don't expect 450 or the subsidized price or whatever it is on the iPhone 5s(???) if you go with Verizon. I believe it'll be full price if you're under your 20 month early upgrade eligibility.

11. jian thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, I was checking all my options. I figured if I go Verizon, it could be a little more expensive.
    Like I said, I don't typically care for the money (unless it gets ridiculous) if the service is worth the money. ATT's service is good I admit, but ATT's business model makes me sick. So it's like...if a professor is a pain in the ass, it's ok with me, but if my professor makes it sound like, this is past drop out deadline and you guys are ****ed, it will make me sick.

12. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I doubt you are going to be happy wherever you go. There are tradeoffs for all of the carriers. You just have to decide which ones you can live with.

13. jian thread starter macrumors regular

Really? Holy ****. What's FCC doing? look at all those European bastards!

----------

it's just that bad huh, lol. Honestly, as soon as Sprint gets LTE in LA, SF, and hopefully Vegas, I am good.

14. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

FCC isn't going to do squat about Verizon deciding to hold you to your 2 year contract.

15. satchow macrumors 6502

In Europe they pay full price for their phones.. And my friend can't even get a subsidized price on his iPhone 5 until exactly 24 months.

16. AFDoc macrumors 68030

So what I got out of that is.... Att is bad. Att is even worse because they won't let me upgrade again after a year like they have before (even though they didn't have to). And the best part of your thread.... here it comes.... YOU don't like to honor contracts you signed!!

Instead of getting mad at att for not letting you upgrade again at one year this time, you should be thanking them for tossing out your old contracts after a year and letting you get the new, shiny iPhone. OR switch to another carrier.

17. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

You can make this exact post, and just replace every instance of "AT&T" with "Verizon" or "Sprint" even though its a little different with Sprint, its still all the same BS

18. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

What's FCC doing, huh? Did you expect them to get people out of the 24-month contract they signed?

Sprint will also make you wait until the end of contract before getting an upgrade.

19. El3ctronics, Sep 13, 2012

El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote. But if you think you're going to get any better customer service with Verizon, you're in for a rude awakening. They're probably twice as bad as AT&T is every single way (except for facetime over cellular). They don't even GIVE a subsidy at all anymore to their grandfathered unlimited customers unless they switch to a tiered data plan. So instead of having to pay $450 for a new iPhone with an early upgrade on AT&T, you'd have been forced to pay $650! The grass isn't always greener...

20. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

god forbid they make you fulfill your 2-year contract

21. jian thread starter macrumors regular

LOL, Nope, I am not angry with them not letting me upgrade early. Yes, I would love to have a new 199 iPhone every year, but its understandable that within 11 months they couldnt "pay" me 400 to renew 2 more years.

I was more trolling about their limitation and their business models, how they make a customer feel. like I stated in the first paragraph, I understand businesses are all for money.

And BTW, I AM honoring my contract, They are making an offer that I can upgrade/renew if I want to. It was an option. And frankly, how much does it really cost for them to run the server? out of the 120 I pay per month, how much does it go to their BOA acc, and how much does it go to the real investments, including service improvements, employee salary, and the technicians that ****s with my data?

22. mitsitsad macrumors member

just jailbreak your iphone - solves the Facetime over wireless (my3G) and Tethering (TetherMe) options

otherwise just deal with it - maybe one day the business will operate differently and we'll have better choices, but right now it is what it is

23. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

The OP is absolutely correct. If you're paying for a limited amount of data (i.e., 3GB or 5GB), you should be able to use that data however you want.

If I want to download a 5GB movie on my iPhone and use all the data on day 1...that's my business.

If I want to tether to my laptop and download 5GB of data over the course of the entire month...that's my business.

In the second example, you can see I put less "strain" on the AT&T network. Therefore, the "tethering strains the network" response is utter BS! My point: My data is my data!!! Don't charge me extra to tether it to something else!

Additionally, FT for shared data users only? Really??? This is the most unethical business practice I've ever seen.

I pay for 5GBs right now with everyone else in my family (3 additional iPhones) paying for 2GBs of data. We pay for 11GBs of data when you add us all together. However, I now have to "switch" to a new plan in order to use FT over cellular.

This is a penalty fee for iPhone users to utilize an Apple technology...AT&T doesn't own FT technology. Because other video chat services are not restricted in the same fashion (Skype, etc.), AT&T has basically decided to mis-treat its customers without an ounce of reasonability to do so.

In my opinion, this is plain criminal behavior against Apple users.

24. Dkorda macrumors 6502

Dude- you have choices. Your not stuck with AT&T, pick a different carrier and me on...