(ATT) can I upgrade with 2 year contract then switch to next/mobile share plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marddin, Sep 8, 2015.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

In short, I have 2 lines on my account. We are on an old 450 anytime minutes plan as this preserves our unlimited data.

As everyone knows, it's not unlimited, so I want to switch to mobile share plan which includes some discounts for using next.

Can I switch to next/mobile plan after upgrading and signing for 2 years?

I went to ATT store and asked if I could switch to mobile share plan before my 2 year is up and they said I could at anytime. I wonder if this is true if I upgrade with 2 year contract when 6S comes out.

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Check with AT&T, but it seems pretty obvious to me that the answer is no. If you sign a two year contract, your contract is in place for two years (that's why they subsidize the phone purchase). If you break the contract before then, ETF.

3. Oridus macrumors 6502a

You can switch to mobile share at any time but you will not receive the non contract reduced rate until your 2 year is up... making the switch pointless.

4. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

If you already ordered your phones on contract, then you should cancel that order and place a new order on NEXT