ATT: Convert Retail iPhone 6+ to NEXT

yunro

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I have seen in some of the iPhone 6 threads that some people have purchased an iPhone 6 + at an Apple Store for retail price and were later able to get it converted to the NEXT plan. Is this a YMMV thing or is it relatively painless to do.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
I was told by a very knowledgeable rep (I was bombarding him with questions and he was awesome) that this is something they can do. I am not sure, however, how they give the money for the phone back to you. Whether it is a check or provided in the form of bill credit, etc.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
I was just going to do this too and called both AT&T and Apple, and the AT&T store said I needed to do it at the Apple Store (who is happy and willing to do the conversion within 14d)

CoreyPHX

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
I was just going to do this too and called both AT&T and Apple, and the AT&T store said I needed to do it at the Apple Store (who is happy and willing to do the conversion within 14d)
Do you know what the process is?

joelb727

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
Houston, TX
Yes. I did this when I received my preorder. You will need to do the in-store return/refund/repurchase from where you purchased the phone (i.e. preorder apple = refund/repurchase at apple). It was straightforward for the two phones I moved over to NEXT because they were not yet opened (which I was told by Apple made a difference)… but who knows. Needs to be within the 14 BRE (buyers remorse exchange) return period. Please note that only device changes can be made at an Apple store. They will not be able to convert you from a legacy plan to a new Mobile Share plan.

yunro

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Going to have to give this a shot, Apple Stores around me seem to be constantly restocked with phones, and it seems like AT&T hasn't shipped out anything in 3 or 4 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.