ATT: Convert Retail iPhone 6+ to NEXT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yunro, Oct 1, 2014.

1. yunro macrumors member

I have seen in some of the iPhone 6 threads that some people have purchased an iPhone 6 + at an Apple Store for retail price and were later able to get it converted to the NEXT plan. Is this a YMMV thing or is it relatively painless to do.

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

3. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

I was told by a very knowledgeable rep (I was bombarding him with questions and he was awesome) that this is something they can do. I am not sure, however, how they give the money for the phone back to you. Whether it is a check or provided in the form of bill credit, etc.

4. CoreyPHX macrumors newbie

I would be curious as to this as well. Anyone know if it is possible?

5. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

I was just going to do this too and called both AT&T and Apple, and the AT&T store said I needed to do it at the Apple Store (who is happy and willing to do the conversion within 14d)

6. CoreyPHX macrumors newbie

Do you know what the process is?

7. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

It sounds like a return and repurchase situation

8. joelb727 macrumors regular

Yes. I did this when I received my preorder. You will need to do the in-store return/refund/repurchase from where you purchased the phone (i.e. preorder apple = refund/repurchase at apple). It was straightforward for the two phones I moved over to NEXT because they were not yet opened (which I was told by Apple made a difference)… but who knows. Needs to be within the 14 BRE (buyers remorse exchange) return period. Please note that only device changes can be made at an Apple store. They will not be able to convert you from a legacy plan to a new Mobile Share plan.

9. yunro thread starter macrumors member

Going to have to give this a shot, Apple Stores around me seem to be constantly restocked with phones, and it seems like AT&T hasn't shipped out anything in 3 or 4 days.